Pedigree Complete
6 (12.2%)
IAMS
5 (10.2%)
Science diet
4 (8.2%)
James Wellbeloved
8 (16.3%)
Tinned food (Chappie, pedigree chum, etc etc)
3 (6.1%)
Other Please state
21 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: What do you feed your cocker?  (Read 13425 times)

Offline Jude

• Site Member
What do you feed your cocker?
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2002, 09:02:39 PM »
I feed my two on tinned meat. Occassionally they get scrambled egg.   Other times I give them chicken and rice just to vary their diet.  As they have a tendancy to put on weight I have cut down on biscuits with their meal.  Both are not that bothered by food - which is unusual for cockers isn't it?                    

Offline Averil

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2002, 08:07:21 PM »
Barney our nearly 9 week old puppy is still on the same food the breeder gave to him. He has four small meals a day that consist of 1/3 of a mug of purina puppy food and 2 - 3 good sized teaspoonfuls of pedigree puppy lamb and rice or chicken and rice; but since we have had him (nearly a week) he has had quite soft poos and now and again very runny messes! Is this OK?
I'm not sure if he is getting too much wet food or whether its because he is sneaking of now and again when I have taken my eye of him for a second and has eaten some grass and leaves of plants.                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2002, 08:41:39 PM »
If Barney is on exactly the same food that he was weaned on, it is unlikely that the food is causing his soft poos. If you introduced him to the moist food, you could decrease the amount that you are giving him(giving him more of the dry to compensate) and gradually increase it over the space of a week if he seems to be okay. It is common for pups to be quite loose when they go to their new home, so it could just be that but if he's anything like mine it is prob due to the fact that he's eating things he shouldn't ::) As long as he's drinking and is bright and bubbly, I wouldn't be overly concerned but if it perseveres, you could take him to the vet for a check-up.                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Averil

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2002, 06:48:25 PM »
Thanks Gill, Barney has been on the dry food and the tinned food since coming from the breeder, I have not introduced any new food to him so I think you could be right about the soft poos being something to do with eating things he shouldn't. Today he has only been in the garden to do poos and wees only and not too play (due to the rain, cause' he doesn't like it!!) and touch wood his poos have not been so soft and runny  8).
What a lovely topic of conversation  :P                    

Offline Tess

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2002, 07:40:10 PM »
Tess eats Beta puppy food. at least I think it is, it comes in a plain plastic bag from my local'sell everything' shop. I live in the country. She wolfs it down. I have just upped her to two handfuls a feed, 3 times a day, she is 12 weeks old Sunday and has her final jabs monday, thank goodness.                    

Offline angelad

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2002, 10:23:38 AM »
We feed Cooper on Chudleys Original complete and he loves it. We tried a lot of diferent foods before we settled on this one. He loves it, I just put water on it about 1/2 hour before giving it to him.                    
Angela & Cooper

Offline LouiseH

• Site Member
  • Lourisma Moon Quest
    • Lourisma Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2002, 11:12:50 PM »
We are all on NUTRO here! Recently converted and loving it.
Nice shiny coats and healthy dogs. Also no hyperactivity in my very excitable boy which is great :-) I put that down to colourings and addititves, which of course are not found in NUTRO. Sorry, theres no going back for us  ;D

www.nutro.co.uk                    
Louise Harrison
Lourisma Cocker Spaniels

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2002, 03:49:42 PM »
Ditto - we're a Nutro family;) supplemented with something nnice to add a bit of taste, chicken fat, raw beaten egg, cooked lamb and veg etc etc - but primarily Nutro.

Pam n the brady bunch!                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline bobby

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2002, 05:08:55 PM »
Hi
I'd like to change Bailey and Tia over to Nutro but can't find anyone that sells it.
 is there a web site that sells it????

Claire                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2002, 05:29:12 PM »
Hi Claire

Have a look at http://www.nutro.co.uk It gives the free phone number which you can ring & order your Nutro direct from the company. They are generally very efficient & deliver within days of you placing your order.

Jane                    
Jane

Offline LouiseH

• Site Member
  • Lourisma Moon Quest
    • Lourisma Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2002, 05:08:57 PM »
The cheeper way to obtain is directly via nutro and they can take credit/debit card payments over the phone or a cheque in the post. But you can order it from

www.animalinstinct.co.uk and www.bluepet.co.uk                    
Louise Harrison
Lourisma Cocker Spaniels