Author Topic: 11 days left before the chop  (Read 579 times)

Offline Freckle

11 days left before the chop
« on: November 26, 2008, 10:50:24 AM »
My boy Freckle is going for the chop in 11 days - he is 4 years old - will he notice the difference?

I have had to finally make the decision to have him chopped as we now have a little girl in the house!  He has never shown any marking or dominance male traits so never felt the need to have him done.

He is more than a little fed up with our new little addition - even after 3 months he still wont really play with her and now to end it all he is having his bits off! hope he does not blame her, or me for that matter!

Trubs says can she put glitter on them and wear them as ear rings - she is a bad little girl  :005:

Jane

Offline sox

• Site Member
  • You don't have a life without a cocker
Re: 11 days left before the chop
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 08:46:58 PM »
Hi ya - i dont think your boy will notice any difference, I had Sox done 18mths ago and to be honest I have not even noticed a calmer effect!!  >:( he is still as high as a kite and still climbs the walls.  Im sure he will be a lot more easier to control  :005: :005:  I was told that he would be docile for a few days, but the minute I saw him you would never have thought that he had,had the chop, even the vet was suprised how bouncy he was!  >:D the only downside was that he was not allowed off the lead for 5 days and not allowed to go for long walks and he hated the lampshade he had to wear as he was constantly licking his bits! A few extra treats to take his mind of it worked, you will also have to move some of your furniture round if he has to wear a lampshade, a few of my things broke while he was wearing it.....  ph34r ph34r