Author Topic: 2nd vaccination  (Read 1622 times)

Offline HelenS

• Donator
  • Cupar
Re: 2nd vaccination
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 04:55:30 PM »
Just like humans a reaction is always to the 2nd exposure of antigen.    Cupar had a reaction to his 2nd vaccine , swollen eyes and face but this didnt happen for around 5hours after jab.   His face and eyes started to swell very quickly. We had to rush him to vet where he was given a antihistamine Injection and symptoms subsided gradually.  Not looking forward to his annual booster due in February.
Hope your little Jarvis is getting better.

Offline Megan Ffion

• Megan Ffion
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 05:05:00 PM »
Sending healing and positive thoughts for a speedy recovery for Jarvis.

It's a great worry when we see our little ones in distress.

Please keep us informed as to how Jarvis is progressing.

Love,

Gwyneth Colin and Megan
Remembering Our Sweet Megan

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 05:08:52 PM »
Just like humans a reaction is always to the 2nd exposure of antigen.    Cupar had a reaction to his 2nd vaccine , swollen eyes and face but this didnt happen for around 5hours after jab.   His face and eyes started to swell very quickly. We had to rush him to vet where he was given a antihistamine Injection and symptoms subsided gradually.  Not looking forward to his annual booster due in February.

Helen, if a human had a reaction to a vaccine as Cupar did they would not be given it again. Make sure that your vet "remembers" about the reaction he had.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline HelenS

• Donator
  • Cupar
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 05:14:15 PM »

Helen, if a human had a reaction to a vaccine as Cupar did they would not be given it again. Make sure that your vet "remembers" about the reaction he had.

Oh yes he will certainly be reminded. 

Offline Salty24404

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 07:50:40 PM »
Jarvis is now back to hid old self  :D :D :D

He is currently chewing a shoe box to death!  :005: thank you all so much for support. 

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2011, 08:01:15 PM »
Thats lovely news  :luv:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2011, 08:08:18 PM »
Great news :luv:
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2011, 08:25:30 PM »
What a relief :luv:

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 08:49:48 PM »
Glad you're feeling better little man  :luv:  Enjoy your shoebox  :005: :005:

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Salty24404

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 10:59:39 PM »

scared mummy to death and now you sit their like nothing ever happened!! Cheeky monkey..  :luv:

Offline maddy74

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2011, 11:10:57 PM »
Oh Jarvis I think you have given your mummy a right old scare  :'( Glad you are better and back to your normal happy self and what a lovely photo of you. My friends dog had a reaction to the kennel cough drops and she said it was awful as she had to rush her pup back to the vet. Big hugs from us xxxx

Offline Kaz

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2011, 08:54:48 AM »
So pleased he is ok now- found myself speed reading these comments and posts to the end just to make sure he's fine.

Also thanks for bringing it my attention I didn't realise that dogs could have a reaction, I just didn't even think. Glad he's ok x

Offline seaangler

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2011, 09:10:07 AM »
Glad to hear hes on the mend...

But it still makes me mad at the vets and will tell my vet...

As i have been with my vet for Meany a year he knows me and i know him..If he did not he would NO longer have my business from me...

I have said to him in the past ((( I do not like like the back of there neck being lifted up and the needle just thrust in))I would like some care and consideration to how the injection is administered in to my animals...(after all they are professional vets)If they squeal its hurting its simple as that!! >:(

If your vet has missed the spot it will hurt the dog as this is what it sounds to me..And will have a reflect in later time your dog going back to the vets..HE WILL KNOW and you will have a job getting him into the room he will also have the shakes also..

And i would be also in second mines to paying a gain for WHAT seems to me a botch job in the first place And i would be a very >:( >:(

My opinion only.....Chris

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2011, 09:28:51 AM »
We've had exactly the same over the years with 2 of ours Jasmine and her daughter Flora, both reacted exactly as you described with their first, but with their second no reaction what so ever, so fingers crossed its the same for Jarvis  :luv:

Offline dal55

• Cassie and her much loved ball
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2011, 07:34:43 PM »
So glad that he is ok now. Cassie had a violent reaction to her first booster when she was one. Her head swelled up to twice it's normal size after a couple   of hours. we had to rush her to the vets for urgent treatment. We now have to order a different make of the injection and stay in the vets waiting room for at least 1/2 hour in case she does have a further reaction.
It might be worth asking your vet if a different manufactur/make would be advisable for next time