Author Topic: Calling All Color Experts  (Read 3299 times)

Offline JBSoulmates

Calling All Color Experts
« on: July 15, 2018, 01:41:28 AM »
We have a 9 week old American Cocker Spaniel (chocolate Merle parti). When we were waiting for our boy to come home, his breeder sent me pics of his sister who looks just like him from the previous litter. When she first showed me pictures I thought it was a completely different dog. I couldn’t believe how much her puppy coat changed as she got older. She went from a chocolate Merle parti to more of a silver/blue.  Has anyone ever seen these color changes? I’d like to upload some pictures but I clicked attachments but there’s no option to add pictures.

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: Calling All Color Experts
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 04:28:47 PM »
Really sorry but you have to upload photos to an external site like Flickr and link to them (we don't have the resources to allow direct uploads here). Also American Cocker colours are not really our area of expertise being an English Cocker forum (merle would not be allowed to be registered in this country and is quite a controversial colouring even in the US). Probably your breeder is the best person to answer your question or perhaps you could find an American Cocker community site - I found this one, maybe someone there could help: https://mycockerspaniel.com/
Jane