Author Topic: Pregnancy!  (Read 3854 times)

Anonymous

Pregnancy!
« on: March 24, 2003, 06:52:59 AM »
Hi again

You'll all be glad once these pups are born, I might stop asking questions  ;D

Ok, Rosie is now day 53, she has a clear discharge, I notice it usually after she has had a wee.  Is this normal, or should I be worried?  It is only clear and has no odour.

Hopefully it's normal and you may be able to put my mind at rest.

Thanks                    

Offline shaendix

• Site Member
    • espanielcockerspaniels.co.nz
Pregnancy!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2003, 08:44:11 AM »
Very normal, her hormone levels will be increasing and her uterus is preparing for the birth. The discharge may become thicker yet, but should remain reasonably clear or white, not green or black - if you see that before labour - its time for a trip to the vet.
Best wishes & try not to worry too much, cocker bitches are usually very sensible and as long as you keep a fairly watchful eye over them towards the big day ie daily temperatures & signs of labour starting etc - you'll both do fine!                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Pregnancy!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2003, 09:16:08 AM »
As Shaendix says, this is v normal. I'm surprised you haven't noticed it before when you've had your previous litters - you can usually spot this clear discharge froma round day 35 onwards & it's one of the most reliable signs of a healthy pregnancy - I'm always v happy when I see it :)
By the way, do you have "The Book of The Bitch" aka the Breeders' Bible? It's really excellent & it's where I first read about the clear discharge.                    
Jane

Anonymous

Pregnancy!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2003, 09:23:06 AM »
Hi

Thanks for your replies, it's certainly put my mind at ease!  I think as the time is drawing near I'm just getting a bit paranoid  ;D and as Rosie is so big this time I'm worrying even more.

Thank you all once again                    

Anonymous

Pregnancy!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2003, 11:28:30 AM »
Hi

Forgot to say, yes I do have the Book of the Bitch, one of my last litters the bitch had really bad eclampsia.....not this one of course.....so I'm probably being OVER paranoid, best to be safe than sorry.  It is an excellent book and I would recommend it to anybody thinking about breeding and I probably did see the discharge before, but I'm being extra watchful this time............my family have started calling me 'Peter Paranoid!!'  ;D ;D