Author Topic: Dogs'n'bitches  (Read 7775 times)

Offline Jo W

• Site Member
Dogs'n'bitches
« on: April 01, 2003, 01:34:38 PM »
Why do bitches generally travel to (stud) dogs?  Wouldn't it make it easier and, possibly, more successful if the bitch was in her own home and didn't have to travel afterwards  :- :-                    

Anonymous

Dogs'n'bitches
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2003, 01:46:51 PM »
mm interesting, funny but mums yorkie years ago went to stud dog...I know cos I was in the other room when I heard her squeal  ;D  seriously though...I wonder why that is..                    

Sue H

Dogs'n'bitches
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2003, 01:55:38 PM »
When my Dad had his lab bitch mated, she had to go to the dog, and it always seems to be carried out in, shall we say, less than romantic surroundings.....  I was talking to a friend the other day who said her Mum's boxer was going to a dog to be mated, and that the dog's KC name was Love in a Field - she said her Mum pessimistically said 'I suppose we'll have to call ours Sh*g in a Shed'  :o :o  ooooh Mum !                    

Anonymous

Dogs'n'bitches
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2003, 01:59:41 PM »
rotf  ;D                    

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
Dogs'n'bitches
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2003, 02:03:15 PM »
I think the main reason is that it is his home territory so he should feel more relaxed and be able to "perform"  ;)  ::)  Also if the Bitches owner has more than one dog/bitch it might put him off going to her house so to speak.

HTH

Dessie  ;D                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Anonymous

Dogs'n'bitches
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2003, 02:07:43 PM »
why do men get it all their own way all the time??... ;D  ::)                    

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
Dogs'n'bitches
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2003, 02:08:56 PM »
Supposedly because they have to make more of an effort !!! hahahaha                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Anonymous

Dogs'n'bitches
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2003, 02:15:28 PM »
;D  supposedly yes..   ;D                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Dogs'n'bitches
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2003, 05:38:20 PM »
These men are sensitive beasts, Jo - it could put them off their stide if they were expected to travel to a place they didn't know & have to perform in strange surroundings. Having said that, some dogs don't care & it's not unknown for doggy liasons to take place in carparks after shows etc ;) Sometimes dog & bitch live at opposite ends of the country & often stud dog owners will have the bitch to stay for a week or so, to save the owner having to make several long journeys (if they are not sure of the "right day" for example)                    
Jane

Offline Christine

• Site Member
Dogs'n'bitches
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2003, 06:07:21 PM »
hee hee like this post                    
Jaspers mummy :)

Sue H

Dogs'n'bitches
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2003, 06:35:17 PM »
My Dad had a dairy farm, and in the 'olden' days, we had our own bull.  Once technology took over, however, the only action the poor old cows ever saw was the AI man with his rubber gloves and a sort of straw which contained the specified bull's semen.  When the cow was at the right point in her cycle, my Dad would phone up the AI service, and ask for (sorry, I'm starting to laugh) a "service" from whateverhisnamewas, and hey presto, Mr Marigold would be in the yard the next day, rolling his sleeves up  :P  I know it would be a bit heartless to think that this sort of system could overtake the present one, but it would probably be far less stressful for the bitch - the only thing I can't even think about is - yes, you guessed it - how to collect the 'goodies' in the first place  :o  Can you get blow-up Cockers?  No doubt the Americans will have thought of this - any nation that can design sanitary pants for bitches in heat can surely come up with something  ;D                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Dogs'n'bitches
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2003, 09:35:25 PM »
AI is pretty common in dog breeding circles in some parts of the world, specially the US. It's allowed in the UK by the Kennel Club but only under certain restricted circumstances - it does happen though as I know a Golden Retriever breeder has been able to use AI to produce pups from a long dead stud dog & other breeders have also been able to use overseas stud dogs with the aid of AI. Blow up Cocker dollies aren't needed you'll be pleased to know - it's pretty easy to get a stud dog going, though sometimes a "teaser" bitch in season might be brought along to help things along ;)                    
Jane

Anonymous

Dogs'n'bitches
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2003, 09:38:55 PM »
lol @ teaser bitch, now what a job!...  ;D                    

Offline Christine

• Site Member
Dogs'n'bitches
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2003, 09:51:47 PM »
sounds like a good job for Jessie ;D  Any dog would be in the mood when they see her ;D                    
Jaspers mummy :)

Anonymous

Dogs'n'bitches
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2003, 09:56:34 PM »
sounds like a good job for Jessie ;D  Any dog would be in the mood when they see her ;D

now I closed her eyes so she didn't read that..  ;D  not the kinda job I want for my baby... mind you does it pay well??..  ;D