Author Topic: Does Pregnancy Affect Their Brains?  (Read 1559 times)

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
Does Pregnancy Affect Their Brains?
« on: November 04, 2004, 04:27:13 PM »
Willow is acting completely thick since she has had the puppies! I can't make my mind up if she is taking the mick because the puppies get their own way or whether giving birth has rotted her brain.

If i tell her to do something she stares blankly at me or looks guilty. Two nights ago i told her to get in the front room (trying to get her out of the puppy poop i was cleaning up) - normally she would do it but she looked blank, i shouted and she ran in the kitchen - ok i thought - but then she ran back in to the frontroom and then upstairs! puppy poop now everywhere!

Has she lost it??
Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 04:33:37 PM »
:o  :o Claire after your tirdeness thread some weeks ago, you had me all excited then :lol:  

Offline Tidge

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 04:33:41 PM »
Hi Clare

Since her babies 4 weeks ago, our once quiet dog (who only speaks on command) has taken to barking at any noise that she's not sure off.  If you tap the table, she off, and theres an advert on the tele for Orange with a man with a growing beard on a squeeky rocking horse thing and every time its on she just stares at the telly and barks at it, typically this advert is on about 9 o'clock in the evening and when the children are in bed :blink:   I wonder if anyone elses dog reacts to this advert, maybe its one of those ones especially designed to get a dog interested so that the owners sit up and take notice.  We made sure we knew what product they were trying to sell.

I'm sure she's just being protective (which is good) but I hope she reverts to her normal self when the pups leave ;)  

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 04:41:08 PM »
:o  :o Claire after your tirdeness thread some weeks ago, you had me all excited then :lol:
ARE YOU TRYING TO JINX ME!!!!!!!!!! :angry:  ;)  :lol:  :lol:  

did have a serious conversation with other half last night about leaving work to concentrate on the artwork, and start a family!!!! His answer was 'with puppies, and paintings, i don't stand a chance of getting near enough!!!'

Cheeky blighter!
Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

Offline taniac

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 04:55:49 PM »
Oh Clare, puppies of your own!!!  Although I agree, when are you going to have time :)

We're practicing at the moment, probably will fall pregnant and get morning sickness in the middle of the house move!
Tania
(Neo and Jovi's Mum)

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004, 05:08:59 PM »
Oh Clare, puppies of your own!!!  Although I agree, when are you going to have time :)

We're practicing at the moment, probably will fall pregnant and get morning sickness in the middle of the house move!
A lady I used to work with always chanted "New home New baby" and It did seem true for a number of people :D

As for the brains I am sure I got told whilst pregnant the brain cells die off at a quicker rate but aren't replaced because the body is sending all its resources to the baby :D again not sure how true.

Michelle

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2004, 05:30:20 PM »
My aunt was told by her doctor that women's brains do actually shrink during pregnancy!

To which she replied - "What, to the size of a mans!" - the male doctor laughed, mostly out of politeness I think   :lol:  
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2004, 05:34:12 PM »
My aunt was told by her doctor that women's brains do actually shrink during pregnancy!

To which she replied - "What, to the size of a mans!" - the male doctor laughed, mostly out of politeness I think   :lol:
Shirley, can I come and meet your Aunt please  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: