Author Topic: Captain (Frankie) returned to Many Tears  (Read 1252 times)

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
Captain (Frankie) returned to Many Tears
« on: February 07, 2012, 10:46:50 PM »

:luv: :luv: :luv:

07-02-12 Captain (who now answers to the name of Frankie) has very sadly come back to Many Tears today. He is a sweet 4 year old male cocker spaniel who was originally given up by a family who had just had a baby and did not have time for him. He sits, gives his paw and has the attitude of a working cocker. He will need a home where he gets plenty of exercise. He has been living with older children in his adopted home and they found him to be a lovely dog in the house. He doesn't have a good recall at the moment and he is very clever and can open doors so needs a home who can keep him safe! He would like to be an only dog where he gets all the attention and will need a home without cats as he will chase.  Please consider this beautiful boy. You will need a secure garden with 6 foot fencing and a love of walking and then Captain (Frankie) will be the most fantastic companion.

THIS DOG IS AT MANY TEARS ANIMAL RESCUE IN CARMARTHENSHIRE
Please read our Adoption Procedures before applying and then complete the Adoption Form. You will be contacted within 24 hours. If successful you will be home checked and you and all members of your family and any dog(s) who will be living with the dog MUST come to meet the dog you want to adopt. All our dogs are micro-chipped, have had at least their first inoculation and are spayed/neutered unless there is a medical reason for not doing so.     
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline JeffandAnnie

Re: Captain (Frankie) returned to Many Tears
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 08:03:42 PM »
Why was he returned  :huh: Presume this is "donation only" as there must be a serious issue with him. A lot of MT dogs seem to be returned, wonder why that is? I presume those returned become "donation only" as any neutering/jabs etc have already been done, plus unless there is an issue with the dog, they have c*cked up with their home check?

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 08:28:13 PM »
No, normal adoption fee.

We only see the cockers on COL, and I don't think many at all are returned. There are very many MT dogs here (I have had 4), and I only know of one COL owner who was keen to move the dog on.

Spend a day in their office (my daughter has spent many), and you will see how many potential owners are turned away. MT certainly don't want to re-home a dog more than once as it is bad for the dog, bad for the family, and bad for MT. Perhaps a dog is returned due to allergy / loss of job etc - these are things which wouldn't show up in any home check!

I think the tell tale phrase is "has the attitude of a working cocker". I guess who ever had him had underestimated their available time to give him the exercise (physical and mental) that a worker would need. Also, he can open doors, needs a 6 foot high fence and has to be kept safe.......

PS I think it's so amusing that the COL spell check won't allow the word COCKER!
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline PennyB

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 11:19:52 AM »
Homechecks aren't foolproof - you do your best but then some slip through - in rescue nothing is so black and white as sometimes the dog may just not have been what the person expected and find whatever it is difficult to deal with yet for someone else the same dog is a breeze (or sometimes once settled in the other dog in the home and new dog don't get on despite a good 1st meeting - personality clash)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!