Author Topic: My Grooming Disaster!!  (Read 4558 times)

Offline perrystell

• Site Member
    • Gunmoor Grooming
Re: My Grooming Disaster!!
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2007, 07:26:04 PM »
I would be very annoyed to say the least in your shoes, it's not on, good groomers can do short trims without looking sooo severe and they haven't even bothered with blending (if they even know what that is  >:D) I can't stress enough how important it is to ask to see examples of a groomers work before leaving your baby with them. It sounds like they've treated her harshly all round with how they've handled her and everything, though to be fair I've had clients scoot round like I'm the spawn of satan even after a completely stress free uneventful groom so it could just be that she's feeling a little peeved, unless she came back from he previous groomer ok? All I can say is its a good job she's cute enough to carry the look off til its grown out  :luv:

Offline LurcherGirl

• Site Member
    • Wagging Tails Dog Training
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2007, 10:26:48 AM »
Your experience is one of the reasons why I have decided to groom Jesse myself. Jesse is an American cocker, so needs clipping/trimming every couple of weeks to stay tidy... I tried to find a groomer where I could stay with Jesse either in a parlour or in a mobile grooming vehicle; but I couldn't find anyone. I want to be with Jesse as first of all I want to see how they treat him (I have seen things in grooming parlour that I do not want my dog subjected to) and also to make sure they clip him exactely the way I want it (many groomers haven't got a clue how to clip Americans and do them the same as English cockers  >:().

I have trimmed Jesse's face for the first time on Wednesday night, and although it is far from perfect (both Jesse and I need more practice), I am happy with it and will continue to groom him myself. I got myself a couple of videos/DVD on grooming Americans, so know roughly what I am doing and how.

I am sure your doglet looks a lot better already as it is a month now since she was shaved.

Vera
Vera Marney
BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour and Training, APDT UK
www.wtdt.co.uk and www.wtdt-eastanglia.co.uk

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2007, 07:14:27 AM »
You think that's bad?  You should see my dads CKCS Henry.  He went for his first grooming parlour visit on Thursday, he's 15 months old,  they asked my dad what he wanted done, my dad said he would like him a little shorter (my dad is 70 and hasn't got the patience of a saint for grooming)  When he picked him up he had been completely shaved from head to foot, his ears of like leather flaps, poor Henry looks absolutely horrendous  >:(  The lady in the groomers even had the cheek to ask if he wanted to book him back in in 8 weeks time.....I should imagine in 8 weeks time he'll have 1/4" of fur.  She has absolutely ruined his coat and I doubt it will ever grow back as nice as it was before, he now looks like a mini Rottie  >:( >:(

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2007, 02:04:12 PM »
You think that's bad?  You should see my dads CKCS Henry.  He went for his first grooming parlour visit on Thursday, he's 15 months old,  they asked my dad what he wanted done, my dad said he would like him a little shorter (my dad is 70 and hasn't got the patience of a saint for grooming)  When he picked him up he had been completely shaved from head to foot, his ears of like leather flaps, poor Henry looks absolutely horrendous  >:(  The lady in the groomers even had the cheek to ask if he wanted to book him back in in 8 weeks time.....I should imagine in 8 weeks time he'll have 1/4" of fur.  She has absolutely ruined his coat and I doubt it will ever grow back as nice as it was before, he now looks like a mini Rottie  >:( >:(

Eek! Can we see a photo?

I would be soooo mad if Buddy was shorn like that. I have been "doing" him myself, rather badly, for the past year and he really needs a professional touch now. But NEVER that!

The good thing is that hair grows, thank goodness. But it might be a while before she needs trimming again.

Offline Yellowboat

• Site Member
  • Honey & Holly as pups
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2007, 11:25:58 AM »
Oh dear!!! I would not go back there either. I had a number of those experiences when I used to keep Cairns, they did not look quite so embarrassed. Still it is said there is only a week between a good haircut and a bad one. It was obviously a man that said that! Better luck doing it yourself.