Author Topic: Shaved & Shocked ...  (Read 5498 times)

Offline kookie

• Site Member
Re: Shaved & Shocked ...
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2007, 10:03:30 PM »
I doo brush my dogs every day. I check for lumps , bumps and parasites. Just because they have short coats doesnt mean they dont have to be brushed, because they do. I just like my dogs that way. I personaly think they look lovely. Everyone to their own.
Love from Karen and Livvy

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2007, 10:17:30 PM »
I doo brush my dogs every day. I check for lumps , bumps and parasites. Just because they have short coats doesnt mean they dont have to be brushed, because they do. I just like my dogs that way. I personaly think they look lovely. Everyone to their own.

Definitely - its just that you don't have to chose between them being "proper dogs" and having full coats; they can have both  :D
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline kookie

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2007, 10:25:07 PM »
maybe 'proper dogs 'was the wrong term to use, I didnt mean that unclippeddogs werent proper dogs. It was just me. I wasnt letting them do what they were happy doing because I didnt want to muck them up after I spent much time making them look lovely.I wasnt enjoying them the way I should have been.  It was ok when I wasnt working full time, but now I want to spend my time loving, playing and walking my dogs. ( and before anyone says I shouldnt have 5 dogs while working full time, dont bother. My husband comes home from work for an hour, and we have people come and sit with them and let them out, and I often take them to work with me)
And anyway, I still like how they look, I think it suits them.
Love from Karen and Livvy

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2007, 10:29:12 PM »
I didnt want to muck them up after I spent much time making them look lovely.

I know what you mean - it can be a bit depressing when Molo gets filthy within a few hours of smelling and looking so gorgeous.....
I do enjoy the whole process of making him *look beautiful* though, so even if it doesn't last long, I feel I have spent quality time with him just by getting there, even if there is no long-lasting end result  :005:
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2007, 11:14:07 PM »
Thought now might be a good time to say I have recently edited the Trimming Feathering and Trimming Feet - Pet & Show Style threads to include the photo's rather than a link. :D

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2007, 07:30:31 AM »
Thought now might be a good time to say I have recently edited the Trimming Feathering and Trimming Feet - Pet & Show Style threads to include the photo's rather than a link. :D

Brilliant :D Anyone got any tips on how to trim a very furry pups legs for the first time ph34r he lets me do his paws ok with just a little bit of fidgitin

Zen Dog...he knows not where he is going, for the ocean will decide. Its not the destination....its the glory of the ride.

Offline Sue67

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2007, 08:55:28 AM »
I've got to say that I do prefer Indy with a full coat.

She doesn't look like my little cutie any more but, like everyone says, it will grow back.

She's also feeling the cold, a few times she's come up to me and she's been shivering, yesterday I wrapped her in OH's jumper and cuddled her for an hour, feeling guilty the whole time, about Indy, not the jumper!

I've started introducing the brush again, she still hates it, but I'm going to make sure she gets used to it so we don't have to go through this again.

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2007, 10:13:44 AM »
I've got to say that I do prefer Indy with a full coat.

She doesn't look like my little cutie any more but, like everyone says, it will grow back.

She's also feeling the cold, a few times she's come up to me and she's been shivering, yesterday I wrapped her in OH's jumper and cuddled her for an hour, feeling guilty the whole time, about Indy, not the jumper!

I've started introducing the brush again, she still hates it, but I'm going to make sure she gets used to it so we don't have to go through this again.

Linus has a coat if he needs trimming in the cold weather ;)

Zen Dog...he knows not where he is going, for the ocean will decide. Its not the destination....its the glory of the ride.

Offline fuzzball

• Site Member
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2007, 10:53:46 AM »
Poor lil indy. In the end the fur will grow back hey. It just shows how much up keep they need doesn't it. I don't have that problem at the mo. Oscar is just fluff in all directions with a cockatoo crest.  :005:  I don't think indy looks too bad. She's still really cute.

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2007, 01:55:48 PM »

Get a soft bristle brush and at a relaxed time, maybe when she's snuggled on the sofa with you, stroke her body with the brush. This is how I train my puppies to the brush, by giving them a back "massage" with the brush. Eventually you can work it over legs, ears and tummy. Just use long slow strokes and make it very relaxed and doggy sensual  :005:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Lufbra

• Site Member
  • Pip - aka Marina, one of the 4M's
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2007, 09:45:29 PM »
I think Indy looks great I really do and I'm sure she feels better for it. I have my dog Raffles shaved and shorn each Spring and keep him well trimmed the rest of the time because he swims in the river every morning and I find it impossible to dry him properly even though I towel dry him thoroughly and he lies next to an Aga all day. He objects to a hair drier so at least this way he is not damp for hours on end. I love to see all his markings and spots again and I can also check his skin condition. It seems to give my 13 year old lad a new lease of life!
Sorry if this offends:
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p144/Hooper6/P3140054.jpg