Author Topic: DIY grooming!  (Read 4837 times)

Offline gerry

• Site Member
DIY grooming!
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2003, 12:39:32 PM »
Same for us Pammy - Risby lays back like "Lord of the Manor" - one of these days he's going to ask me to peel him a grape I'm sure!                    

Offline carol

• Site Member
DIY grooming!
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2003, 06:10:47 PM »
Hey everyone, I managed it! well almost.  I handstripped a bit of the head, and used the thinning scissors on the rest of it.  The Coat King was brilliant for the back, I got loads and loads of his puppy hair out, but gosh, it took a long time, about three days (not non-stop!)  It's weird you can actually see his original markings, and he seems almost puppy like again.  I've attacked the legs a bit with thinning scissors, but I'm not that happy with the result, I think they're still a bit woolley.  

I really, really enjoyed myself though, and the hours just flew by :D  Flynn was far better than I expected him to be, in fact he slept through most of it!  I'm so relieved, I now don't have to worry about finding a groomer, I'm not sure I'd feel that happy about dropping him off somewhere anyway.

I shall send in some photos of him when I get a spare minute, he's not totally finished yet, and I still haven't managed to get a knot out under his leg yet, but he's getting there ;D

Thanks to everyone who recommended all those combs and scissors and advice, I wouldn't even have attempted it without this board :)                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
DIY grooming!
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2003, 06:13:35 PM »
Well done Carol ;D Ive been on Dallas now for about 4 months and am still on the head ;) ;D Cant wait to see the photos                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)