Author Topic: chestnut and blue roan  (Read 2083 times)

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
chestnut and blue roan
« on: August 26, 2003, 09:36:01 AM »
Hiya Folks,

there was a post on this a while back, but I fear it may have been lost when the gremlins got into the COL server :(

I have been hand stripping out Millie's coat for a while now, and have pretty much gotten her smooth and silky across her back and head - her ears still need some seeing too, as do her butt and legs, but I am curently too chicken to do those bits  ;D  :o

My question is this - a lot of the fur in Millie's "flares" is going a chestnutty brown colour, instead of being black. I seem to remember reading somewhere that this could be due to too much sun exposure (she does like to sit in the sun) or just becuase the hair is drying out because it is dead, or dying??  ???

What can I do to keep her black, or to stop her coat drying out? I do brush her with a soft bristle brush for 10 minutes usually every other day and definately after a big grooming session of bath, to try and keep the natural juices folowing, so to speak  ;D  :o  ;D

And is there anything that I couldn't use because I show her?

Thanks Guys and Girls

Kel                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
chestnut and blue roan
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 03:31:34 PM »
Kelly

It's likely to be the remmnants of Millie's puppy coat which does go a browny colour. Sun can also do it. Use a good leave in coat conditioner - coat oil for example which will moisturize the coat and reduce the risk of damage. At the moment though - don't worry - it will be puppy coat and will fall out. Jasper had a lovely brown skirt for a while ;D it's now nice and black ;D

hth                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
chestnut and blue roan
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2003, 02:11:39 PM »
Thank you Pammy  ;D  :)  :) Millie's relieved; she doens't have to get the hair dye out now  ;)                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk