Author Topic: Dryers/Blasters?  (Read 6614 times)

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
Dryers/Blasters?
« on: October 03, 2007, 11:50:13 AM »
Well, I am taking the plunge an buying myself a dryer/blaster.   :D  So I need some advice from all you ladies in the know, which is the best to go for?  I have a budget of £350 - £400 (less if possible , obviously).  I generally dry them sat on the floor, but that is only because they take so long with a hand held dryer, that by the time I have finished standing at the grooming table, my back is killing me.   :-\  Therefore I am not sure whether the smaller 'box' type or the stand type would be better for me.  I don't mind getting a good second had one if there is anywhere that maybe does refurbished?   
Can anyone offer any advice please???   :D

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
Re: Dryers/Blasters?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 12:02:44 PM »
We have just sold our blaster it was way to noisy and powerful for the cocker's,especially Toby it nearly blow him off  ::) So we are looking for a dryer on a stand aswell.

Just had a look on HUB website http://www.hubintsecured.co.uk/acatalog/Blaster_Dryers_Metro_Professional.html theres a couple of dryers and blasters on stands on there  :blink:

Offline wendy

• Site Member
    • http://www.luthame.net
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 12:08:21 PM »
Hi

I brought a dryer a few months ago, I did not go for a blaster, did not think I would need it, and I had heard they were quite noisy (I was right) I went for the Albrooks Super Standard from Simpsons, and I am absolutely thrilled with it, it drys them in half the time and you have two hands free too - a real bonus, it is also very quite.  It is good as you can alter the high etc according to your grooming table.  I really do not know how I managed without it now - could not live without it.

Wendy
Visit our new website
www.luthame.net

Dogs leave paw prints on your heart

Offline Becky and Wilson

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 01:31:28 PM »
Can I just ask, do you HAVE to blow dry them after a bath?!  I'm new to all this grooming stuff so not sure!  Since I will just have the one cocker, will a normal human hair dryer do?!  What difference does it make to the coat if you dry it as opposed to leaving it to dry naturally?!

Sorry to hijack thread!
Becky - Owned by Wilson(Great Dane), Paisley, Isla, Merfyn (Cockers) the 3 cats and the two rabbits!

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 01:35:40 PM »
I have the Metro blaster commandor, sits on the floor with a flexi hose that reaches up to the dog on table.  It is quite noisy but it does the job in less than half the time of a regular hair dryer I like the fact that I can move it rather than the dog if that makes sense :D

Michelle

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 02:11:50 PM »
Can I just ask, do you HAVE to blow dry them after a bath?!  I'm new to all this grooming stuff so not sure!  Since I will just have the one cocker, will a normal human hair dryer do?!  What difference does it make to the coat if you dry it as opposed to leaving it to dry naturally?!

Sorry to hijack thread!

Jarvis has never been blow dried. ph34r In the summer he gets a quick wipe over with the towel, then (very helpfully) rolls all over the grass and sunbathes to dry himself, and in the winter he gets a more thorough towel dry (fiesty time!) then gets his hugh hefner dressing gown put on and sent to bed next to the radiator. :005:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline Becky and Wilson

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 02:40:47 PM »
Jarvis has never been blow dried. ph34r In the summer he gets a quick wipe over with the towel, then (very helpfully) rolls all over the grass and sunbathes to dry himself, and in the winter he gets a more thorough towel dry (fiesty time!) then gets his hugh hefner dressing gown put on and sent to bed next to the radiator. :005:

awwww! I bet he looks gorgeous in his dressing gown!  :005:  Well that's a releif! I don't blow dry my own hair let alone my dog!  :005:
Becky - Owned by Wilson(Great Dane), Paisley, Isla, Merfyn (Cockers) the 3 cats and the two rabbits!

Offline tracey

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 02:46:13 PM »
I have recently splashed out on a Tornado blaster drier, not a cheap drier but it's fantastic. Dries the dogs really quickly and keeps the coat lovely and flat. It's a stand drier with a hose so really easy to use, wish I had got it years ago.

Tracey
http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk

Love All
Trust A Few
Do Wrong To None
William Shakespeare

Offline Victoria

• Site Member
  • Beautiful Betsy
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 02:49:03 PM »
I have recently splashed out on a Tornado blaster drier, not a cheap drier but it's fantastic. Dries the dogs really quickly and keeps the coat lovely and flat. It's a stand drier with a hose so really easy to use, wish I had got it years ago.

Tracey

I have one of these as well.  They are really good. I bought mine from Groomers in Newbury.  They do deliver.

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 02:51:30 PM »
I have a Tornado blaster drier too - bought it nearly 10 years ago and it's still going strong and never given me any bother at all (maybe I should touch wood when I say that :005:). It saves a lot of time so is well worth the money if you do a lot of bathing and drying.
Jane

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 03:19:32 PM »
Tornado here too, I got mine in 2000.
Wouldn't be without it.  :D
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 03:42:33 PM »
Another Tornado user here too  :shades:, have had mine for years but it is much the same as this

Offline *-Nikki-*

• Site Member
    • www.nicibec-cockers.moonfruit.com
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 03:57:51 PM »
We've got....
Supajet Finishing Dryer - http://www.simpsons-online.co.uk/acatalog/professional_dryers.html
and.... Powerjet 1000 High Velocity Dryer - http://www.simpsons-online.co.uk/acatalog/high_velocity.html
My boss has a Tornado, after her simpsons stand dryer packed up last year <after 20+ years off HEAVY use!> and she preferred her old dryer  ph34r .
Very happy with ours ;) ....but don't use the blaster so much - I’m forever getting told off for blasting water everywhere  ::) :005:   

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2007, 06:26:33 PM »
Thanks everyone,  :D  can I just ask if the Tornado dryer is one of the one's on this link here http://www.simpsons-online.co.uk/acatalog/allbrooks.html

The simpsons supajet, was the one I had been looking at, but I am still not sure if I would be better with a small one or a stand type. 

Do the blasters produce warm air or are they just for getting rid of the water and do you still finish them off with a normal hand dryer?

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2007, 06:42:03 PM »
Mine is the Tornado 93 Multi Dryer
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.