Author Topic: Worried  (Read 1334 times)

Offline stormer

• Jovi and Alfie
Worried
« on: August 26, 2009, 01:59:34 PM »
ohh i hope i have done the right thing , my Alfie has gone to the groomers today he is a show type with a really long and very thick coat, he has been before and always comes back looking lovely , but took him today and his legs are really thick and getting knotted up very easily at the mo no matter how much i brush him, i asked to have a bit more took of his legs cos we are going to the coast ,  so the groomer has just rung me and he has a few little matts in there so she said i could cut them to shape them but he would probably have a few thinner looking parts were the knots have come from , or have it clipped off and start again then as its growing back keep it more in shape , i have opted to have it taken off and start again and now i feel really sick , oh i hope he is going to look ok he is going to be a shock to the system ..xxxx

Angie..Jovi & Alfie xxx

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
Re: Worried
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 02:03:06 PM »
Its only hair, it'll gorw back and you'll get used to it whatever he is like.

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline LizH

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 02:05:44 PM »
Don't worry - it maybe a shock - but he will probably be far more comfortable.  I lost the grooming battle back in March and had to have Pebble completely shaved - she looked like a naked lamb but it grew back very quickly.  Her legs had got so matted (she loves the water and everytime she got wet the mats would tighten and tighten and make her very uncomfortable) once she was clipped it was like she was a manic puppy again she was running around as if she had suddenly been set free.

I think you have done the right thing especially as you are off to the coast - he will have a fabulous time  :D

Liz and Pebble x

Offline sharonmansfield

• Donator
  • Bluebell and Jasmine
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 02:08:57 PM »
If you are going to the coast then its his holiday cut and will make it so much easier for you, it will grow back. I usually cut Bellas feathers short for her hols as she has very thick black fur that just takes forever to dry. I don't like to see her leg hair  short but its so much more practical when they are getting wet every day.
Hope its not too much of a shock, you will have to post his photo later.
Cocker Spaniels are like chocolates you can never have just one!

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 02:10:34 PM »
Its only hair, it'll gorw back and you'll get used to it whatever he is like.

I agree. You obviously trust this groomer, so I'm sure they will do everything they can. It may well be a slight shock, but he will prob be much more comfy. It will grow back and faster than you think and will prob grow back much more evenly to.  ;)
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline stormer

• Jovi and Alfie
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 02:15:21 PM »
thanx for your kind words , they are making me feel a bit better , yes he loves the water so it will make him alot easier to look after while we are away . yes i will try and post some photos later xx
Angie..Jovi & Alfie xxx

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 02:23:04 PM »
oh i bet he will look just fine
you may event like it and keep him shorter

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 02:26:31 PM »
It possibly will be a shock, it was for the rest of this family when I clipped Louie shorter to go on hols, he was better off having less coat in the sea and with the sun though  ;)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline september

• Site Member
  • Summer is for ball throwing!
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 03:49:01 PM »
Very brave! hope he looks o.k, sure he will look fine when you get used to it!

Offline laurenollie

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 05:01:29 PM »
We did this with Ollie earlier this year as soon as i brushed a forming matt out another appeared. it wasn't good for Ollie or me!

He looked a bit strange to start off - his legs looked really skinny! But i love it its so easy to manage and I'm sure Ollie feels loads better

L&O x

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 07:07:15 PM »
Is he back yet? hats the verdict :-\
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline stormer

• Jovi and Alfie
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 08:22:33 PM »
He s back, he is really short i keep looking at him and stroking him and saying oh Alfie wot have i done to you, but he is loads better for now , and i think its wot he needed for the matts that were starting to get worse in his legs , i am going to let him grow now to the length that i no i can manage ok, , he went mad when we got him home he was jumping about like a spring lamb . i am going to try and post some before and after pics but it could be tomorrow before i get them on cos i have not done it before and i am not sure wot to do  thanx everyone xxxxxx
Angie..Jovi & Alfie xxx

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 08:26:46 PM »
You will get used to him being short  ;) And then you will become obsessed about stroking his lovely soft silky fur. I have just had Eric clipped short and although I prefer the look of him when he is a bit longer, this way I get longer out of the cut and I love stroking him when he's silky  :luv: