Author Topic: help woolly coat  (Read 617 times)

Offline winewood

• Donator
  • Now in Italy
help woolly coat
« on: January 06, 2010, 11:33:59 PM »
Hi, after spending all his life 4yrs not clipping only using mars and clipping head and ears only I relented, as his has a very thick woolly coat and let him be clipped by a friend (cocker breeder and show owner) He has now gone curly although his hair always did grow in all different directions. After bathing yesterday, I decided to do a little touch up here and there with the thining scissors.... got carried away he looks great but have I made it worse..... by using scissors all over, is there anything I can do to stop it going curly or would it have done this anyway? One reason I let him be clipped was the fact that people told me that no matter what I do he could go curly whether I clip or strip is this true?
many thanks
Owned and trained by two mad cockers

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
Re: help woolly coat
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 03:28:01 PM »
is there anything I can do to stop it going curly or would it have done this anyway?

Probably would have done it anyway sooner or later  :-\ Coats that go very curly after clippers or thinners had that tendency anyway. ::) Straight coats just seem to get the dead wool look

I don't blame you a bit, with that kind of coat I would give up and clipper too, just makes life so much easier  ph34r :005:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne