Author Topic: Dry Dog Coat or Shine On Coat - which is best?  (Read 6451 times)

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
Dry Dog Coat or Shine On Coat - which is best?
« on: January 03, 2011, 05:50:21 PM »
I'm undecided whether to go with a Dry Dog Coat or Shine on Coat or both  :-\

The Dry Dog Coat is £22.50 and the Shine on Coat is £32.00 - do they have the same effect or is one better than the other?

Help deciding will be really appreciated as don't want to do my usual this year of wasting money by buying both if not needed.   

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Re: Dry Dog Coat or Shine On Coat - which is best?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 06:28:14 PM »
I've got both and personally, I like the fit of the Dry Dog better  :shades:

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 07:26:55 PM »
Never tried the Shine coat but chuffed to bits with Dry coat  :blink: its flattens the 'wild' coat and gives a lovely shine too  :luv:

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 07:32:23 PM »
You know my feeling Jeanette. I don't believe that you need both as they do almost if not exactly the same thing. I think the only difference is the dry coat you can put on when wet and blow dry as in the shine coat only goes on a dry coat. I also put the dry coat on a dry coat and works just as well. Flattens it down and nice shine. I haven't actually tried the shine coat as never felt the need to really as more than happy with the dry coat. The only thing I'll say against it is the elastic round the head peace was a little tight, but I just cut that out and it's always worked fab. Dru looks a different dog when he's had his on and has always brought Tally's coat up lovely. I've never looked into prices either as the dry coat was a recommendation to me and I've never looked back. I say go for the cheaper as it's just as good, but of course it's your choice as you need to be happy with whichever you choose.
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 07:54:48 PM »
Dry coat modelled by Lace  :005:

Jo

Offline 6thSense

• Donator

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 08:59:37 PM »
Dry coat modelled by Lace  :005:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg122/Bracken387/SV203235.jpg
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg122/Bracken387/SV203237.jpg

Jo

What lovely pic's Jo....Lace looks gorgeous.  :luv: :luv:

Please excuse my ignorance but i am now curious about this thread too  :P  Do you use the Dry Coats for just after bathing & is there a benefit using them?  Sorry Jeanette i don't mean to hijack your thread, its just i have never heard of these before.  :blink:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 09:12:58 PM »
Lace has a massive coat only being 7 months so after a bath on Sat I towel dried her and popped it on...it should stay on until she is completely dry so it helps to flattened  her coat. It really worked it was our first time using it so I didn't use the head piece which covers the head and ears , you cut the material to bring the ears through, and I did removed whilst she was damp. I didn't want to keep on to long being her first time.
I suppose you could damp down the coat and try to see if it still flattens the coat....maybe some others will be along to share experiences as I'm a first timer  :005:
This is the back view

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 09:19:51 PM »
Dry coat modelled by Lace  :005:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg122/Bracken387/SV203235.jpg
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg122/Bracken387/SV203237.jpg

Jo

What lovely pic's Jo....Lace looks gorgeous.  :luv: :luv:

Please excuse my ignorance but i am now curious about this thread too  :P  Do you use the Dry Coats for just after bathing & is there a benefit using them?  Sorry Jeanette i don't mean to hijack your thread, its just i have never heard of these before.  :blink:

Don't apologise - I'm trying to get organised before Quinn's first show.  

Dry dog coats are for when they are wet and drying them http://www.drydogcoats.co.uk/index.php/drying-coats.html

and Shine On Coats are for when they are dry for flattening the coat before a show http://shineoncoat.co.uk/

Jo, Lace looks gorgeous in hers  :luv:    I'm sure its the Shine On Coats that I've seen people use at shows.    

I think I'll buy the Dry Dog Coat first as will help after bathing but might get the Shine on Coat - the before and after pics on the website are tempting me  :005:

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 09:25:24 PM »
Nice bum.  :shades: :005: Yep I towel dry and spray them with anti static spray, brush it down and stick this on whilst I blow dry. I also stick it on, on occasion without bathing, so on a dry coat. I just again spritz with anti static spray, brush down and stick it on for a bit. When I use them after bathing I leave them on afterwoulds as well. Some people leave them on overnight, but I think it's fairer to take it off then and I just stick it back on for the journey to the show or for a bit when we get to the show. It works wonders and flattens down the coat whilst leaving a lovely shine as well. I don't know how I managed without one to be honest.  :shades:

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 09:31:23 PM »
Nice bum.  :shades: :005: Yep I towel dry and spray them with anti static spray, brush it down and stick this on whilst I blow dry. I also stick it on, on occasion without bathing, so on a dry coat. I just again spritz with anti static spray, brush down and stick it on for a bit. When I use them after bathing I leave them on afterwoulds as well. Some people leave them on overnight, but I think it's fairer to take it off then and I just stick it back on for the journey to the show or for a bit when we get to the show. It works wonders and flattens down the coat whilst leaving a lovely shine as well. I don't know how I managed without one to be honest.  :shades:

Sarah, dumb question coming  ph34r :005:   Do you think I should add an inch to the length or do you think they have reached their true height and length now?

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 09:34:19 PM »
I only added a tiny bit Jeanette as you want it to be a snug fit. What is Quinn measuring now ?

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 09:35:45 PM »
I only added a tiny bit Jeanette as you want it to be a snug fit. What is Quinn measuring now ?

Well for the dry coat its from eyebrow to tail I think but I haven't measured him yet - can't find the tape measure  :005:

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 09:39:08 PM »

Sarah, dumb question coming  ph34r :005:   Do you think I should add an inch to the length or do you think they have reached their true height and length now?

To be honest Jeanette I'm not overly sure what size Tallys is as I've had it a while and looking to get a couple of new ones soon. All I can tell you is that Tallys fits Dru fine. Slightly long, but snug fitting enough and a small amount of growing room.  ;)

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 09:41:57 PM »

To be honest Jeanette I'm not overly sure what size Tallys is as I've had it a while and looking to get a couple of new ones soon. All I can tell you is that Tallys fits Dru fine. Slightly long, but snug fitting enough and a small amount of growing room.  ;)

Thanks, I think I'll add an inch just to be safe