Author Topic: Worried Ollie - food intolerance  (Read 7330 times)

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Worried Ollie - food intolerance
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2019, 06:43:26 PM »
All sorted to try the new food...seems several customers have moved over to this brand, as dislike of new packaging and a change to some recipe. Can't say it has bothered me much...recyclable packaging is a good thing - but is a little less easy to open than the old.
I wonder whether they have lost custom in general....it was always almost cleared of Wilko's shelves by the weekend....but they did not stock the new packaging....!!

I do know that there were a lot of complaints at the beginning, mainly because of the big price rises at the launch. In the end NDiet tried to soften the blow by large discounts if ordering on their webshop. Our local pet shop could not get any from their suppliers, who would not stock the new stuff and that is how Natures Deli became more popular in this area. Naturediet don't do a Turkey meal on it's own, only with Chicken in it - so I feed either the Forthglade and Rice or Natures Deli.  version. I hope you find N.Deli suits Ollie
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2019, 01:58:14 PM »
Well  at the moment all seem well with Ollie....the Nat Deli seems to be ok and tummy settled.....still giving yogurt and have reduced bark powder(slippery elm).  The Nature Deli certainly does not have the strong smell that the other food had.....but I still got some Nature Diet treats and they seem to be good although the crafty dog expects twice as many as small than his older treats.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2019, 06:40:16 PM »
good to hear it is going well with Natures Deli, it is a worry when problems are food orientated.

I guess he has the right name for wanting more treats  ;)
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2019, 01:45:18 PM »
Glad to hear it’s improving.
You mentioned Forthglade,  I abandoned it after a few goes because it’s 20% peas! Cheap protein, and so hard they bounced. Dog carefully spat them out.
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2019, 09:47:25 PM »
Glad to hear it’s improving.
You mentioned Forthglade,  I abandoned it after a few goes because it’s 20% peas! Cheap protein, and so hard they bounced. Dog carefully spat them out.

I use Forthglade and while I am not keen on the peas, listed as 2% but I think there is probably a few more (I carefully take each one I find out - That's why I prefer the wet version - because I can actually see them)  on the whole Branston enjoys it & I believe it to be as good a food that I can afford.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2019, 11:28:22 AM »
oops opened Nature Deli salmon and smelt strong gave Ollie 1/3 pack as only feed small amount 3 times daily and went to fridge 30mins ago and wow.....so far have spoken to maker pet shop and vet.....problem with seal.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2019, 05:41:55 PM »
oops opened Nature Deli salmon and smelt strong gave Ollie 1/3 pack as only feed small amount 3 times daily and went to fridge 30mins ago and wow.....so far have spoken to maker pet shop and vet.....problem with seal.

Oh dear, I remember when I used to feed Naturediet they too could pong to high heaven if the seals were faulty, have you had any more problems or was it a 1 off.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2019, 03:30:33 PM »
Yes only one and it was salmon....they were great at dealing with it and all sorted.....main problem is I have allergies and had just had a sneezing fit and could not smell a thing....later on I could and the fridge stunk!!

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2019, 08:50:03 PM »
Tinned food doesn’t have the risks of sealed packs, and having tried nearly everything new trend  over the last twenty years, I  and dogs are very happy with Butchers. All about dog food rates it very highly,  simple ingredients, several options like meat type , grain free,  low fat etc.    Offal is listed.  Mine love it,  the vet always compliments on their condition.   Also it is about realistically priced, 50-70 pence.
The lists of herbs in some foods are a bit of a con, the tiny amounts have no health effect in my opinion.
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.