Author Topic: Hello from me, Jack & Jessie  (Read 791 times)

Offline DeniseS

Hello from me, Jack & Jessie
« on: August 30, 2014, 04:32:41 PM »
 :-*

I'm delighted to 'meet' you all. I am Mum to two Cockers - Jessie, who is a golden, 8 years old soon and a sweetheart and Jack, a seven year old orange roan, that I rescued when he was 6 months old. I wondered why anyone would abandon such a beautiful, expensive dog, but it may have something to do with a chronic ear problem he has suffered from all his life. Treatment is very expensive. I joined the Forum to perhaps read of other poor dogs who have the same ailment, because, at times, it's very distressing to watch him suffer. I realise this is not the place to discuss this in detail, so I will continue to browse the Forum categories to find the right place to post. Sadly, I'm not very computer literate. I'll do my best!  :D

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
Re: Hello from me, Jack & Jessie
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 04:38:26 PM »
Hi there and welcome to COL!  I only have the one, Archie who is a year old and a golden show type.  I'd love two but can't persuade hubby unfortunately  ph34r

I hope you are able to figure out how to post some photos as I'd love to see some pics of Jack and Jessie  :luv:  You can post any questions under the Health section on here, there is usually someone who can advise or has experienced similar problems.  Lesley and Archie  :D
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline DeniseS

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 04:47:06 PM »
Hi Lesley and Archie.  :D

Thanks so much for your quick reply, containing advice on how to navigate the site. I much appreciate it.

I'll start my search in Health, as recommended and it will be great to read and maybe chat with other Cocker owners who have similar problems that my Jack suffers from. After seven years of failure, I'm willing to try something new. Here's hoping.

Shame about a second Cocker, Lesley. I know the problem. It took a lot of sucking-up for me to be allowed my Jack. Trouble is, I'd like to fill my home with them, but know when I'm pushing my luck. Mind you, if I came across someone in the park who was desperate to part with their one, I'd just have to take it. It wouldn't be right not to ...... would it?  :005:

Thanks again, Lesley. x

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 05:00:13 PM »
Hello to you and Jessie and Jack.
Sorry to hear about Jack, bless him but someone in "the family" will have some advice for you. We need photos to oohh and arr over again let us know if you have difficulty with posting them ( we have instructions for all levels  :005:)

I have Gemma, 3yr red working girl

Lorna
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline DeniseS

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 05:29:20 PM »
Hi Lorna and Gemma and thanks for the warm welcome.

I will arrange for my son to post some pictures of my two beauties. I'm afraid my computer skills are pathetic and you'll all grow old before I master even the most elementary instructions.  :005: It will be worth the wait though to wade in with the ooh's and ah's, I promise.  :D

Jessie's a working Cocker and Jack's a show dog. They're both characters and when I go through the daily routine of giving Jack his ear drops, etc., Jessie sits and waits patiently, until it's her turn. I have to pretend to follow the same procedure, (complete with sound effects), because if I miss one out, she refuses to move.  :lol:

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 05:34:42 PM »
Oh, to be a fly on the wall  :005:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Sirius Mum

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 05:43:29 PM »
Hi and welcome to CoL

It's a great site for fun info and support navigating the world of cockers. Look forward to seeing your pictures.

Jane with Sirius (6 month black furball)   :D

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 06:50:16 PM »
Welcome to the forum, pleased to hear your two have you so nicely trained!  :005: Looking forward to the piccies.  :luv: 
Elaine

Offline DeniseS

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 09:22:13 PM »
Hi Jane and Sirius, it's good to be here. Pics to follow. x

It didn't take you long to suss me out, Elaine.  :D There's no prize for guessing who is the boss in our home. I'll give you a clue though. It's not anyone with two legs.  :lol:

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 10:13:56 AM »
Hi and welcome to the forum.  I am Andrea, owner of Jazz a blue roan dog who is now 9 years old.  He is my fourth Cocker and I just adore the breed.  You will find the forum very addictive and extremely helpful.

Offline DeniseS

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 06:43:03 AM »
Hi Andy,

Jazz is beautiful and I can understand why you're so smitten by Cockers. A dog has always shared my life, but Jack and Jessie are my first of the breed and despite all the worries and hassles, I can't imagine not having a Cocker. They're such characters and there's not a day goes by that we don't laugh at their cute ways and antics.

You're right about the "addiction," with the Forum. I visit every chance I have.  :D