Author Topic: Injured leg  (Read 797 times)

Offline JackieT

• Ziggy - working cocker
Injured leg
« on: December 16, 2014, 10:26:57 AM »
Ziggy has hurt his leg. My husband was walking him and he was playing with another dog and ran full pelt into a wooden barrel. Apparently he yelped and then couldn't put any weight on it. Husband and other dog owner said the don't think its broken but husband is taking him to the vet now. I'm at work so I'm not there, really worried about my poor baby. Cannot imagine how miserable he will be if it is badly injured.  :'(

Offline fionad

Re: Injured leg
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 12:30:04 PM »
Fingers crossed he is just bruised. Years ago our puppy collie ran full pelt into a door frame. She bruised the nerve running over her shoulder but she soon recovered and never had a problem with it afterwards.

Hope all you and he need are TLC.

Offline JackieT

• Ziggy - working cocker
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 01:29:24 PM »
Vet was 95% sure its just brusied. He's on the sofa feeling sorry for himself apparently, but he's also on house rest for three days, so that's going to be interesting. I fear for my furniture!

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 01:37:29 PM »
Hopefully the 3 days rest will put it right. Does he like chews or kongs? They should help keep him occupied and chilled.

Offline JackieT

• Ziggy - working cocker
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 02:38:23 PM »
Well 24 hours and a bit later, he seems almost back to normal. He's favouring it ever so slightly but that's it. And he's going crazy because he's not been for his walk. I gave him lunch in kongs and have been playing training games with him, but I fear he's going to be bouncing of the walls by this evening.

Think he was lucky. My husband said the noise he made when he hurt it was horrific and he was convinced it was badly broken. I've told Ziggy he's clearly a boy dog and needs to man up!!

Offline Ernies mum

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 09:27:33 PM »
Ah bless him , glad it's nothing serious . Ernie squeals at the slightest thing , my hubby often tells him to man up  :005:!!

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 08:59:14 AM »
Ah bless him , glad it's nothing serious . Ernie squeals at the slightest thing , my hubby often tells him to man up  :005:!!
Me too pleased Ziggy seems ok :luv:
also I thought we had the biggest drama queen...
Ellie will scream her head off if you just touch her
with (say) your foot as you walk past.. it's so OTT ;)

Offline fionad

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 01:52:08 PM »
I expect it was very painful when did it and that would have shocked him. But it is truly amazing how they put these accidents behind them, recover and get on with life isn't it?

Good news all round. Hope your OH gets over the shock just as quickly.