Author Topic: Smart a*se little madam  (Read 1078 times)

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
Smart a*se little madam
« on: January 10, 2013, 07:07:03 PM »
So arrived home to find out Teal had ignored my other half on recall while out today so decided to do a bit of back to basics in the living room, me at one end of the room Sue at the other, both of us with little bits of fresh cooked sausage.
So I start,  call Teal and treat Sue calls and treats after half dozen bits of sausage the little madam stopped waiting to be called and just kept running between us sitting waiting for her sausage then immediately rushing back to get her next bit we were struggling to get the call in.

Its annoying how quick they can learn when they want to
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline ejp

• Donator
Re: Smart a*se little madam
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 07:12:43 PM »
Yip, they are great at training their humans  :005:

Offline Chocolate Hero

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 07:17:59 PM »
 :lol2: dont mean to laugh but i can just see it. Cant say there daft!
Run Free my little Laddie xxx

Offline Nicky C

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 07:50:29 PM »
 :005: oh Teal you've got those humans of yours so well trained  :005:

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 07:52:17 PM »
Mollie is doing that - when we call her in from the garden, if she comes straight away and sits on the mat she gets a treat.  What she is NOW doing is asking to go outside - she walks onto the outside mat by the door (literally 2 steps), comes straight in again and 'asks' for her treat!!!!!!!!!!  >:(

Offline tootz12

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 08:53:55 PM »
cant help but  :005: and realising that my tootsie isn't the only one up to these tricks lol am sure she feigns not getting it when it suits her  ;)

Offline Spoiler

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 10:03:32 PM »
Hehe, she's so clever!  Harvey had me fooled a couple of times, when I was eating my dinner he asked to go outside. Whilst I am busy unlocking the back door and putting the outside light on, he's gone back, hopped on my chair and helped himself to my dinner.  >:D

Offline tootz12

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 10:05:08 PM »
 :005: now that's too funny  :005:

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 09:00:28 AM »
Hehe, she's so clever!  Harvey had me fooled a couple of times, when I was eating my dinner he asked to go outside. Whilst I am busy unlocking the back door and putting the outside light on, he's gone back, hopped on my chair and helped himself to my dinner.  >:D

Love it  >:D >:D >:D

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 10:36:45 AM »
 :005: sorry couldn't help it. When selby has things he shouldn't we do swapsies so now he just goes hunting for things he should not have just to get a treat :005: they are too clever these cockers

Offline tootz12

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 12:43:12 PM »
your right there, they are far too clever  :005:

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 01:48:26 PM »
:005: sorry couldn't help it. When selby has things he shouldn't we do swapsies so now he just goes hunting for things he should not have just to get a treat :005: they are too clever these cockers

Oh yes made that mistake with the TV remote and my glasses, The really annoying thing is when you ignore this stealing they run towards you stop 5 feet away and I am sure she is grinning as if to say do you want it or not, treat or chase Dad

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 02:01:31 PM »

Oh yes made that mistake with the TV remote and my glasses, The really annoying thing is when you ignore this stealing they run towards you stop 5 feet away and I am sure she is grinning as if to say do you want it or not, treat or chase Dad

:005: :005: yep, how do they get so clever, selby's favourite is specs  >:D

Offline CatherineL

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 02:08:33 PM »
I have Archie and Poppy and Archie is the one that does the stealing.  We also do swapsies treat for stolen item.  Poppy then cottoned on and also expected a treat when Archie got one, we couldn't leave her out!!!  Now even though Poppy is blind she still knows when Archie has got stolen goods and goes straight to the cupboard where the treats are and does her tap dance to alert us.  They really are lovable rouges!!! :005:

Offline KathyS

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 02:11:56 PM »
We have had to stop putting our leftover bread out on the birdtable because Wiggins barks to go outside, and either forages under the tree next to it for dropped bits or headbutts the table until the bread falls off, eats it all, and then refuses to eat his kibble. Cheekt whatnots, aren't they - but very clever!! Kathy