Author Topic: KC papers never came...  (Read 14161 times)

Offline Nathanjohn8

Re: KC papers never came...
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 11:54:09 AM »
Thanks Sharon ill phone the KC with the mums details when I get the chance.

I understand some people reading this may think I was stupid. As a first time buyer of a pup, if someone who comes across as a reputable breeder tells you papers will follow you (may) believe them. We met with this guy on 2 occasions with taking the pup on the 3rd. His house was full of trophys from cruftss etc... We met mum and dad (hind site they may not have been)

I dont think its a puppy farm. I personally think, he doesn't register any of his pups until the new owner kicks off enough....  >:(

The guy does have some happy customers looking on his Facebook page. Guess a few of us have been unlucky.

I've wasted enough time chasing this idiot for the papers etc.. I won't let it rest now!!

Offline Nathanjohn8

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 12:09:07 PM »
Shock horror. No pups have been registered under the mum.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 12:13:27 PM »
Thanks Sharon ill phone the KC with the mums details when I get the chance.

I understand some people reading this may think I was stupid. As a first time buyer of a pup, if someone who comes across as a reputable breeder tells you papers will follow you (may) believe them. We met with this guy on 2 occasions with taking the pup on the 3rd. His house was full of trophys from cruftss etc... We met mum and dad (hind site they may not have been)

I dont think its a puppy farm. I personally think, he doesn't register any of his pups until the new owner kicks off enough....  >:(

The guy does have some happy customers looking on his Facebook page. Guess a few of us have been unlucky.

I've wasted enough time chasing this idiot for the papers etc.. I won't let it rest now!!

From what you've said you did the right things before buying Toby, but sadly it seems that you were unlucky enough to come across an unscrupulous breeder.

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 12:15:23 PM »
If you have mums KC name, you can always ring the Kennel Club and ask if there is a pending litter registration against her

That is a really good idea.
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline Nathanjohn8

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2013, 12:18:40 PM »
That's what I meant earlier. I called the KC club with the mums details. The lady on the phone confirmed that no litters have been registered from this mum :(

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2013, 12:29:37 PM »
That's what I meant earlier. I called the KC club with the mums details. The lady on the phone confirmed that no litters have been registered from this mum :(

It may be worth contacting the Cocker Spaniel Club, they may be able to help. You need to be very careful and take legal advice before you name and shame publicly. Have you thought of contacting Watchdog- Rogue Traders?

Offline LynneB

• a pile of dogs
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2013, 01:00:54 PM »

It may be worth contacting the Cocker Spaniel Club, they may be able to help. You need to be very careful and take legal advice before you name and shame publicly. Have you thought of contacting Watchdog- Rogue Traders?

If he is not a member of the cocker spaniel club, they will not be able to do anything. If this is the sort of thing he does then I would suspect he is not.
Laelia Showdogs and Groomers

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2013, 04:24:08 PM »

Can I just remind everyone involved in this thread not to name the breeder here on COL. Many of the boards on the forum can be viewed by the general public, not just forum members, and there's always the possibility that naming such a breeder could have repercussions for the forum. Thanks :D

I understand what you say Elaine, but can I just ask a question, just curious really not wanting to cause any trouble, why would a breeder like this not be allowed to be named on a site like COL? I can understand why people are not allowed to name a breeder and link it with a personal opinion or comment, that would not be right or fair to anyone.  But if there is a situation where a breeder has failed to provide something as basic as KC papers then that is not an opinion but a fact.  In pretty much the same way we recommend items on the shopping board or holiday cottages/accommodation is a discussion about a particular breeder any different.  Obviously there may well be legal stuff I know nothing about  ph34r and would not want to jeopardize COL in any way, but if I was looking for a puppy and was new to the world of cockers I would be grateful for any advice about which breeders do not adhere to certain rules and regs.   

I know the advice is to only go to 'reputable' breeders but when you are new it is hard to figure out who is and who isn't a lot of websites look genuine, and I have to say the list from the KC when I was puppy hunting led me too some breeders who with hindsight were not the best place to buy a pup from. Most breeders tell you about their Cruft's wins and as a novice it is very convincing.

Sorry to go off topic and I am not being challenging about COL rules at all, just curious.

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2013, 04:36:36 PM »

Can I just remind everyone involved in this thread not to name the breeder here on COL. Many of the boards on the forum can be viewed by the general public, not just forum members, and there's always the possibility that naming such a breeder could have repercussions for the forum. Thanks :D

I understand what you say Elaine, but can I just ask a question, just curious really not wanting to cause any trouble, why would a breeder like this not be allowed to be named on a site like COL? I can understand why people are not allowed to name a breeder and link it with a personal opinion or comment, that would not be right or fair to anyone.  But if there is a situation where a breeder has failed to provide something as basic as KC papers then that is not an opinion but a fact.  In pretty much the same way we recommend items on the shopping board or holiday cottages/accommodation is a discussion about a particular breeder any different.  Obviously there may well be legal stuff I know nothing about  ph34r and would not want to jeopardize COL in any way, but if I was looking for a puppy and was new to the world of cockers I would be grateful for any advice about which breeders do not adhere to certain rules and regs.  

I know the advice is to only go to 'reputable' breeders but when you are new it is hard to figure out who is and who isn't a lot of websites look genuine, and I have to say the list from the KC when I was puppy hunting led me too some breeders who with hindsight were not the best place to buy a pup from. Most breeders tell you about their Cruft's wins and as a novice it is very convincing.

Sorry to go off topic and I am not being challenging about COL rules at all, just curious.

As we live in such a litigious society, there is always a possibility somebody could sue and poor old Stu would have to fight the case. we had the cases recently with Twitter where a certain person managed to sue many people for insinuation of guilt. You really have to be so careful and take legal advice if you want to publish anything against another person. Lots of people troll the internet, just looking to cause trouble, so if we don't give the ammunition, COL will be safe and Stu's bank balance will not be affected

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2013, 04:47:40 PM »

I understand what you say Elaine, but can I just ask a question, just curious really not wanting to cause any trouble, why would a breeder like this not be allowed to be named on a site like COL? I can understand why people are not allowed to name a breeder and link it with a personal opinion or comment, that would not be right or fair to anyone.  But if there is a situation where a breeder has failed to provide something as basic as KC papers then that is not an opinion but a fact.  In pretty much the same way we recommend items on the shopping board or holiday cottages/accommodation is a discussion about a particular breeder any different.  Obviously there may well be legal stuff I know nothing about  ph34r and would not want to jeopardize COL in any way, but if I was looking for a puppy and was new to the world of cockers I would be grateful for any advice about which breeders do not adhere to certain rules and regs.  

As we live in such a litigious society, there is always a possibility somebody could sue and poor old Stu would have to fight the case. we had the cases recently with Twitter where a certain person managed to sue many people for insinuation of guilt. You really have to be so careful and take legal advice if you want to publish anything against another person. Lots of people troll the internet, just looking to cause trouble, so if we don't give the ammunition, COL will be safe and Stu's bank balance will not be affected

I agree with what JohnK says here, always risky to name someone on third party forum as it puts the forum 'owner' at risk.  However, reporting them to someone like Rogue Traders on TV is always an option.  Also, if the OP would like to state which part of the country this puppy farmer breeder is, then anyone looking for a puppy in that area could PM the OP to find out who to avoid.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2013, 05:20:38 PM »
I can understand why you asked the question Ben's mum :blink: as this breeder seems to be one to be avoided.

But as JohnK and piph have pointed out it's just too much of a risk to name him, or any other breeder that COL members think is dubious, on the forum in case the naming has repercussions for the forum owner and ultimately for the forum too.

If the whole thing came into the public domain, either by way of newspaper, TV, KC action that's published or whatever, there would be no problem in posting a link on here to the public article. But unless that happens the name of the breeder can't be made public on COL, however frustrating that may be.

Offline Nathanjohn8

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2013, 05:45:08 PM »
Don't worry, i wont publish his name....The advice i have got from you lot has been invaluable so thank you  :blink:

The saga however, continues....... He is now claiming that the advert never stated the pups were KC registered. This is absolute rubbish, i have a copy of the advert in front of me. He has also gone on to say he has 'met my type' before. But, judging from his text messages today, he has actually called the KC, but we shall wait and see.

He has started to get aggressive towards me, but i have kept my cool and remained professional throughout. I have sought legal advice, and they have recommended i don't publish any of his details. However, if it goes to court, and i win, then that would be factual information right??!  :005:

I may have been taken for a fool once, but it wont happen twice. I have a few people backing me up (mainly thanks to this great forum)

i have spoken with trading standards today and basically.....All wheels are in motion!

I can guarantee, he hasn't met 'my type' before!!

Offline Cayley

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2013, 05:54:55 PM »
There is no excuse to do this, they need to be stopped.
Cayley.

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2013, 06:20:24 PM »
Just wanted to say well done for fighting this, such a horrible excuse for a breeder - I really hope you get a positive outcome x

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2013, 07:08:52 PM »
If the pups are over a year old now, and he has to register them, he's in for a shock as it's going to cost him four times the cost of a pup under 12 months of age - serves him right is all I can say.

Good luck, I really hope you bring this vile man down.