Author Topic: KC papers never came...  (Read 14159 times)

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
Re: KC papers never came...
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2013, 07:33:32 PM »
Wishing you the very best of luck, I hope you manage to name and shame.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline LynneB

• a pile of dogs
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2013, 08:25:36 PM »
WELL DONE YOU, TAKE IT ALL THE WAY ;)
Laelia Showdogs and Groomers

Offline Nathanjohn8

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2013, 08:47:13 PM »
Thanks everybody. Watch this space!

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2013, 08:56:46 PM »
But as JohnK and piph have pointed out it's just too much of a risk to name him, or any other breeder that COL members think is dubious, on the forum in case the naming has repercussions for the forum owner and ultimately for the forum too.

If the whole thing came into the public domain, either by way of newspaper, TV, KC action that's published or whatever, there would be no problem in posting a link on here to the public article. But unless that happens the name of the breeder can't be made public on COL, however frustrating that may be.

Thank you for your answer - I suppose it makes sense, my OH says I am too naïve as I always think if something is true you can't get into trouble for saying it. At the risk of sounding like my mum 'what is the world coming too'   :005: :005: when the people who have right on their side can't say anything for fear of getting into trouble. But I agree its not worth jeopardising COL or anyone involved with it.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2013, 08:57:43 PM »
It is easier to fight the fight when you are right!
All the best wishes
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Jan D

• Roxy & Bobby
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2013, 08:59:46 PM »
Good for you - go for it - good luck  >:(
Roxy b.19.05.10  Bobby b.21.08.11
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs think I am.

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2013, 09:05:37 PM »

Thank you for your answer - I suppose it makes sense, my OH says I am too naïve as I always think if something is true you can't get into trouble for saying it.
I think the same. (the twitter 'incident' (if the one am thinking of) was the other way round - where an individual was named with no facts to back up the pretty serious accusations. He handled it admirably.

Is a shame when truth cannot be shared for fear of the guilty objecting and being protected. World gone mad. (but agree the forum shouldn't be put at risk).
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2013, 09:33:57 PM »
WELL DONE YOU, TAKE IT ALL THE WAY ;)

Oh yes - forgot to say I echo this !! Good luck

Offline Nathanjohn8

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2013, 06:57:58 PM »
Thank you :)

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2013, 08:16:48 PM »
If he's made untruthful claims in an advertisement of any kind then the Advertising Standards Authority may be able to investigate it and make a ruling as to whether the advert was misleading or not.  http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications.aspx
There's the possibility that their ruling will be published on their website  ;) thus allowing you to let slip the dogs of war  >:D

Give 'im HELL  :clapping:

Bob.

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2013, 09:16:17 PM »
Thanks everybody. Watch this space!

Good for you.  Justice is something that does have to be fought for.  Good luck and keep us updated.

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2013, 10:41:06 AM »
Thanks Sharon ill phone the KC with the mums details when I get the chance.

I understand some people reading this may think I was stupid. As a first time buyer of a pup, if someone who comes across as a reputable breeder tells you papers will follow you (may) believe them. We met with this guy on 2 occasions with taking the pup on the 3rd. His house was full of trophys from cruftss etc... We met mum and dad (hind site they may not have been)

I dont think its a puppy farm. I personally think, he doesn't register any of his pups until the new owner kicks off enough....  >:(

The guy does have some happy customers looking on his Facebook page. Guess a few of us have been unlucky.

I've wasted enough time chasing this idiot for the papers etc.. I won't let it rest now!!

You've not been 'stupid'.  You were led to believe (probably like any of us would faced with the all the information - and seeing the trophies etc) that this was a genuine, reputable breeder.  The point is you are fighting your case and protecting other innocent people too.  Well done - and good luck!

Presumably the dogs have to be registered to take part in Crufts? 

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2013, 12:17:57 PM »
Thanks Sharon ill phone the KC with the mums details when I get the chance.

I understand some people reading this may think I was stupid. As a first time buyer of a pup, if someone who comes across as a reputable breeder tells you papers will follow you (may) believe them. We met with this guy on 2 occasions with taking the pup on the 3rd. His house was full of trophys from cruftss etc... We met mum and dad (hind site they may not have been)

I dont think its a puppy farm. I personally think, he doesn't register any of his pups until the new owner kicks off enough....  >:(

The guy does have some happy customers looking on his Facebook page. Guess a few of us have been unlucky.

I've wasted enough time chasing this idiot for the papers etc.. I won't let it rest now!!

I think you'll find there are more than a 'few'  >:(

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2013, 01:09:05 PM »
I messaged the breeder asking about one of his puppies, asking if they came with papers etc.

this is part of his reply "They do go with papers however im not sure if they will be show quality yet as they are so young"

Offline Helly D

« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2013, 03:46:53 PM »
There are definitely some unscrupulous breeders out there and are even part of the showing world. They need to be named and shamed so I wish you luck in pursuing him. The unsuspecting general public needs protection from these shysters.