Author Topic: KC papers never came...  (Read 14246 times)

Offline Nathanjohn8

Re: KC papers never came...
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2013, 05:40:05 PM »
Wow, so many comments, thank you all.

Update!

The citizens advice bureau have been in touch with trading standards and they have confirmed i have a case!!   :blink:

There are a few formalities that need sorting, but i am going to crack on with it all. The breeder has been in touch, called me an idiot and that i should save my money - Makes me want to get him even more!!!

So now im collecting all of my evidence before sending him a letter - outlining what i want from him (the difference of a KC registered pup and not, approx £300) and giving him a date to resolve.

If he says no (which im hoping) i will then take him to the small claims court, where if the judge rules in my favor It will be FACT and i can legally publish my win!!  :shades:

To me, its not rocket, i saw an advert for a KC registered pup, paid money for this. But the pup wasnt registered. Even if the pup gets registered now (which i think he has done over the past few days) at the time, it was not what it 'said on the tin!'

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2013, 05:56:43 PM »
Sorry but I really hope he hasn't managed to register or pay up. He needs to be in a court of law. Fingers crossed.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline butterflywings21

• Tilly 10/02/2013~Jenson 09/01/2019
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2013, 05:59:48 PM »
I didn't know what we were looking at with Tilly and with her eyes  :'( it makes me wonder if her breeder is in it just for the money. I have found out so much on this forum over the last couple of months.

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2013, 06:05:55 PM »
As of now, still no pups registered against his mum.

Is your dog over 12 months of age now?  if so, it's going to cost him £60 PER PUP to KC register them.  :D

Offline Nathanjohn8

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2013, 08:49:52 PM »
HELP!!

Does anyone know if there is a way to find out if a breeder has a license?

Sorry to hear about Tilly - hope her eyes are ok.

Yes - Toby turned 1 on Monday  ;)

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2013, 11:30:12 PM »
Just want to wish you the best of luck in getting the result you want...you are 1 very brave person - not sure I could persue a matter like this.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2013, 09:39:44 AM »
If he has got the 32 dogs he told you he has, either at his premises or elsewhere,  then he should have a license, especially if he breeds more than 5 litters per year, registered or not.

Offline cockerdoo

« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2013, 10:29:09 AM »
Good luck and well done for standing your ground.

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2013, 10:39:53 AM »
I would have thought that even if he does register now with the KC, you would still be entitled to some sort of compensation for all your time and the emotional upset this has caused you.

Wishing you the very best of luck.  These sort of "breeders" need removing from the planet!

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline rednblack

« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2013, 10:41:10 AM »
HELP!!

Does anyone know if there is a way to find out if a breeder has a license?

Sorry to hear about Tilly - hope her eyes are ok.

Yes - Toby turned 1 on Monday  ;)

I believe that the licences are issued by the local authority.  Some publish the lists online, others you will have to ask.  There is no overall consistency.  Some also publish the requirements for the way the dogs are kept.

Good luck.
Remembering Rex, Janna, Toni, Billy, Rufus and Ebony - gone beyond recall.

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2013, 12:36:24 PM »
Just adding my support to your campaign - you are very brave, I don't think I'd have the staying power to stick at it like you are.  Good luck, and I'll be watching for further developments.

Offline LynneB

• a pile of dogs
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2013, 05:53:44 PM »
It is a great pity that most people just accept the fact that they have been conned. If people continue to buy from disreputable breeders who do not KC register puppies or health test parents, then this practice will comtinue
Laelia Showdogs and Groomers

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2013, 05:59:41 PM »
The KC don't give a damn to be honest, they just tell you to contact Citizens Advise or a Solicitor, as I found out when the breeder of Bumbles grandparents registered the completely wrong dog as his grandad, stating Bumbles mum was hereditary clear, when in fact she was pra Affected, he did eventually own up to it being a completely different dog who himself was pra Affected.

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2013, 07:38:07 PM »
The KC don't give a damn to be honest, they just tell you to contact Citizens Advise or a Solicitor, as I found out when the breeder of Bumbles grandparents registered the completely wrong dog as his grandad, stating Bumbles mum was hereditary clear, when in fact she was pra Affected, he did eventually own up to it being a completely different dog who himself was pra Affected.

Was there any penalty for him Sharon? If not then people like the breeder this thread is about have nothing much to lose by his actions except his *good* ( >:D ) reputation.
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2013, 07:46:47 PM »
No, nothing, he just made the excuse that his other boy must have jumped the fence when his bitch was in season without him knowing.