Author Topic: How Much!  (Read 5403 times)

Offline Darwin

How Much!
« on: April 07, 2017, 04:15:18 PM »
Just had Darwin's renewal quote from John Lewis. £1605 per year!!

I need to do a final calculation but I think we claimed just over £1000 in the past 12 months.
Last year which was 8 weeks after his spinal op. His renewal was £900 and we had claimed £3000

And the previous year it was £500 without any claims

If I reduce his cover level to £3000 it will be £1030.  I think his monthly meds and 4 check ups a year and one blood test will cost between £500 and £600 a year

Offline Mrs T

• Donator
  • Harry 30/6/94-11/1/10
Re: How Much!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 06:27:21 PM »
Hi. I was in a similar position with M&S and am now with More Than for Fizz and Riley.  M&S wanted £1000+ for the two of them - Fizz had just gone 9 and Riley is 4 and I would have had to pay a percentage of the remaining costs after the excess for Fizz but now have no percentage and a slight increase in the excess.  I'm now paying £435+ for both of them.  I do have my house insurance with them so don't know if this helped.

Phoebe went to the Bridge on 25/11/2012   :luv:

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 11:22:27 AM »
How old is Darwin? Most insurers raise premiums significantly once a dog reaches 8 or so, even if no or few claims have been made.

But that quote seems a huge amount to me. I pay £1,400 with NFU for 12 year old William (loads of claims and some ongoing medical conditions) and 7 year old Louis (no claims). The bulk of the premium is for William.

Offline pip1965

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 09:37:56 PM »
Similar here, just had the renewal with John Lewis for Otto age 8 , we have been with them since he was a puppy , never claimed at all .The premium for whole life cover is £1203 :o

Interested to hear about NFU , husband has horse insured with NFU so will call them I think .

Online MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 10:06:32 PM »
I pay £30 a month with pets at home for Gemma (6) with lifetime cover and £9000 cover per claim
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 11:47:33 AM »
The only thing with Pets at Home is do you have to use their vets....just wondering as while I have one a couple of miles away the can be limited in some areas, would be interesting to know for others
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Online MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 06:49:03 PM »
The only thing with Pets at Home is do you have to use their vets....just wondering as while I have one a couple of miles away the can be limited in some areas, would be interesting to know for others

no you do not. the only advantage if you use their vet is that you  pay a bit less excess . Gemma was treated by an independent with no problem
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Darwin

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 08:01:08 PM »
Similar here, just had the renewal with John Lewis for Otto age 8 , we have been with them since he was a puppy , never claimed at all .The premium for whole life cover is £1203 :o

Interested to hear about NFU , husband has horse insured with NFU so will call them I think .

Someone else has high premiums from John Lewis for an 8 yr old!  Maybe age 8 is the age at which John Lewis dramatically increase the premiums