Author Topic: Return member  (Read 3076 times)

Offline Emptynest

Return member
« on: February 15, 2021, 02:55:30 PM »
Hello there I have returned to cockers on line as we are now dog less :'(. We lost our working cocker Woody in October 2019 aged 13 and10 months. He was my soulmate, my first dog and the reason I joined cockers on line in 2006. We added Willow also a working cocker a 9 month old rehome in 2007 and she sadly went to join Woody just before Christmas aged 14 and 2 months. Hence my name of emptynest which is how we feel  :'( like  an earlier post we have put on hold finding another dog due to the pandemic but rejoining this lovely site where I learned so much seemed a good start. I’m looking forward to reading all about your dogs and gathering lots of information before we take the plunge! My husband and I are in our 60’s now with grandchildren so we think a show type might be more suitable now...I can’t run as fast as I could in my 40’s :005:

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: Return member
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 05:59:38 PM »
Hi and welcome back, sorry to hear of your loss  :luv:

We lost our cocker Fern in 2019 and then our lab August last year so I so know what you mean about an empty nest  :luv:

I was told no more dogs  :shades: well that didn't last long  :005: we are getting a working cocker the end of March from the same breeder that Fern came from  :D

We were hoping for a black girl, but there were no black girls in the litter, so we are going to welcoming a golden girl instead

Hope you get to add to your family real soon

Offline Emptynest

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 05:46:39 PM »
Thank you cazza our Willow was a golden girl she was very pretty which was just as well as she was a little minx. Her face was definitely her fortune. I think her first owners spoilt her rotten as a young puppy, so easy to do, which is why they couldn’t cope. She was a challenge to put it mildly  >:D but she gave back so much love  :luv: and was incredibly intelligent which made the dementia she suffered from in the last months of her life so heartbreaking to witness.  :'(

I am very envious of your new baby and look forward to hearing about her. So reassuring to be going back to a breeder you know and trust. Hopefully we will be out of lockdown by the time she is ready to meet the outside world.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 09:35:31 PM »
Welcome back, sorry to hear of your losses  :'( Hopefully you will fid another friend soon.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 06:39:34 AM »
Hi and welcome back! I can quite understand how you feel, our previous dog died aged 14 the same week my youngest son finally flew the nest to go to university, to say I was gutted was an understatement and I swore I‘d never put myself through the agony again. BUT 5 years on, OH retired, me in my 60‘s  and we decided on a cocker. Best decision we ever made! Humphrey, (show) is now coming up to 6, he gives us a reason to get up and out every morning, keeps us laughing and brings us so much joy. We’ve got more involved in training and all things „doggy“ than  we did with our previous dogs and that in turn has opened up a whole new circle of friends.
COL was the second best decision, its been a Godsend, loads of helpful advice and support and, especially over the last year a wonderful opportunity to stay in touch with the world!
Good Luck! Look forward to hearing more from you!. ;)

Offline Emptynest

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 02:21:16 PM »
Thank you Bizzylizzy. Humphrey looks gorgeous  :luv Been looking through some photos to put a little memory book together and realised that in most of our pictures they are asleep! Where they are not the pictures are blurry  :005 I think I’ll need to invest in a faster camera for the future.

COL certainly is a lovely community I read some of the posts about oldies last night and so wished I had thought to get back on when mine were at that stage. I could so easily have written some of those posts myself.

Looking forward now though to reading all the interesting posts and sharing on the new arrivals when we find the right dog ...or he finds us am a firm believer that that often happens.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 05:06:57 PM »
Welcome - I have Ollie who is now 13 and still a crazy cocker - we make everyday special for him, my previous boy Jay was golden and such a sweetheart.

I am sure you will find many helpful tips on here, must admit for me this site is a sanctuary - can't explain but it really is a lovely place to find these days.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed