Author Topic: My little toothless wonder  (Read 1194 times)

Offline rubyduby

My little toothless wonder
« on: November 16, 2021, 03:21:20 PM »
My lovely Topaz who is 11 1/2has hadmouth and teeth issues a lot of her life she had to have her lips folds done, which made her very head shy, as a result I couldnt get near to her teeth to clean them regularly, upshot.. a while ago she went to the vet for cleaning and had 17 teeth out, she went in yesterday again for dentals and again 17 teeth out, poor mite has only her fangs and maybe 2 others in her head, she suffers from Pancreas problems so has been on a low fat tinned diet for 4  yrs, recently I found a low fat raw diet, which I prefer, but its rabbit , but fortunately bone free, can anyone suggest any other 'soft' food and treats to vary this diet for her , also if she isnt having bone should I add calcium etc

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: My little toothless wonder
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 05:30:32 PM »
What about cod or haddock - I give Ollie either daily along with others things due to his  sensitive tummy  :luv:  he loves his fish. 

I poach in skimmed milk (but don't give the milk) or have microwaved if in hurry, but find it shrinks.

I buy from Asda two pack frozen for £6.

Never found a bone - but if you flake it just to be sure. 

Sorry no idea on treats.....bless her :luv:
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2021, 10:03:16 AM »
For treats you could try Forthglade Soft Bite treats, they do them in a variety of flavours, including, turkey lamb, herring etc

Here is the link: https://forthglade.com/collections/range-natural-hand-baked-treats soft bites are halfway down page they look to be out of stock atm, except the Christmas one, but you could look at ingredients and other info to see if they would suit.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2021, 08:10:25 PM »
I've got Lily's kitchen cookbook for dogs, and some of the treat recipes are fairly soft. I've made Dylan treats out of salmon, cheese and flour or oats, and some other ones as well. He goes mad for them, plus you know they are wholesome. I'll look em up, they are easy to make, they freeze well, so are really convenient.
Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo