Author Topic: Poop and mucus  (Read 1844 times)

Offline rubyduby

Poop and mucus
« on: December 29, 2021, 07:09:53 PM »
My girl is on a raw diet so her droppings are pale and pretty hard, I noticed the other day after 'going' she had a piece of mucus hanging from her bottom it was around 4" long , I managed to remove it, she has had it intermittantly on the actual poops before , but never a dangling one before ....but wondered why? has anyone come across anything like it,. She is well in herself

Offline phoenix

• Donator
Re: Poop and mucus
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 08:01:27 PM »
I would have thought it was a sign of irritation. I may be wrong!   Do you use homemade or commercially made raw food?   Then we can think about the ingredients, because every dog is different. Bobby couldn’t digest ground bone pieces, and some dogs need more fibre to help bowel action.
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 09:29:21 PM »
not the dreaded dangling pooh   :005: :005:  and why do they insist on sitting down before you can find a tissue or dock leaf  ph34r
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline chriswilliams

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 05:32:50 PM »
Beware that mucus in Pooh could be a precursor for pancreatitis

Offline rubyduby

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 08:24:31 PM »
yes I know about Pancreatitis as she suffers from that but this mucus is hanging from the vulva, so nowt to do with pooh

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 10:09:36 PM »
Is she on heat?
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline rubyduby

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2022, 10:44:39 AM »
No she was spayed years ago, I took her to the vet . but as usual he hadnt a clue, urine checked clear of problems