Author Topic: Yumove vs Yumove senior  (Read 1314 times)

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Yumove vs Yumove senior
« on: September 04, 2022, 03:32:33 PM »
I‘ve just been looking on the net for supplements to help ward off the inevitable joint problems which I know Humph‘s going to have due to his hop-along gait. The choice online here is overwhelming and the prices vary enormously but I know many of you here have mentioned Yumove so I‘m assuming its the most popular choice in UK and I can get it here over Amazon.
A friend of mine has a 14 year old Spitz and she‘s also interested. Question - Yumove Dog or Yumove Dog senior? I‘ve looked at the contents, Senior appears to have more Omega 3 than the standard one but not really sure if that’s necessary/ advisable. ? Have any of your vets actually recommended it and if so, which one for what reason?
Any thoughts would be much appreciated!!
Thanks x
Jayne

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Yumove vs Yumove senior
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2022, 05:45:06 PM »
Minstrel has been on Yumove Senior since he turned 9, 3 months ago, previous to that he was on  Yumove + I put him on Yumove because he did not seem comfortable when out on walks and was stiff when getting up after laying down for a while.

Vet was quiet happy for me to put him on them (Minstrel, not the vet  ;) )when I explained the situation The Yumove + certainly helped, but as you say there are so many versions and on Amazon it said the Senior version was for dogs over 9 years, I thought it appropriate to change, but I think I may well put him back on the + version when I have used all the Senior ones up. (can't explain it, but I think he was better on +)

Now Yumove have bought out the new Yumove Joint Care + 'for older dogs' and it's all getting a bit confusing.

Hope you find something out of the above that makes sense  :luv:

Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2022, 06:41:15 PM »
 :lol: yes, thanks, I follow you! It is indeed a bit confusing and every website I look at seem to be offering a slightly different product  :huh: so it‘ll probably be a matter of trial and error anyway, I just really wanted reassurance that the vets basically recommend or at least approve of it and that its ok to ‚self prescribe‘.
That‘s great, thank you!

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2022, 09:49:45 PM »
Jayne sorry I've only just seen this.

I use the senior for Ollie and my vet with the throat problem made it really clear he must stay on Yumove Plus, he took just Yumove and with age went to Plus I guess in 2019.  So he is over 14 now.  The vets even have a stand with Lintbells products on and when you phone Lintbells as I did on Wednesday it does give an option just for vet practices.

Just to add the powders that I told you about when Humph had the tummy problems was also from them and contain the mortinline clay.  I think they are a really well respected company in UK.

Other thing to add they suggest 2 tabs daily to start - I didn.t do that as was worried about Ollies tummy problems, but he showed no concerns.

Love to Humph. :luv:
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2022, 06:34:27 AM »
That’s great Julie, thankyou. I haven’t seen Yumove Plus here, they seem to have limited the range to Junior, Dog and Senior, so I‘ll order a small pack of Dog for Humph, (he‘s just turned 7)  my friend is going to try the senior, and I‘ll try and contact Lintbells direct. If all else fails, I have friends who travel back and forth regularly so maybe they can bring me some. (Sending or receiving packages from UK since Brexit is an absolute nightmare!  >:( )
Many thanks ! Cuddles  to Oliie!  ;)
X

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2022, 10:27:27 AM »
Jayne sorry Yumove Plus is what they now call Senior, sometimes it cheaper getting it from E Bay or Amazon...

P.S on Lintbells site We are currently not able to deliver to any destinations outside UK Mainland, Northern Ireland and Isle of Man.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2022, 01:40:05 PM »
Ahhh - thats good! that‘s really what I needed to know, thanks!! I did write to them this morning but just got a standard automatic reply with Questions and Answers, they didn‘t answer my specific query. No matter, I can get both the standard and the senior over Amazon here, so that‘ll do me to start with but it‘s all very confusing- (although it doesn’t take much to confuse me these days!  :luv:)
Thanks again! What would I do without you all on COL?  :luv: