Author Topic: Poor Rhodri now has ear infection  (Read 1179 times)

Offline Rhodri0311

Poor Rhodri now has ear infection
« on: January 15, 2022, 10:43:47 AM »
My poor baby is really going through it.

Fully recovered from his tummy bug, he now has an ear infection. He started scratching his ears and shaking his head so off to the vets again. She says he has a nasty ear infection likely to be fungal 😞

She couldn’t take swabs this morning as she said they’d be contaminated as she’d been doing things in his ears so I have to take him back tomorrow. She’s going to take swabs to send off for analysis to see which are the best antibiotics to treat it.

Thankfully, he’s still perfectly happy in himself, eating, drinking and very eager for walkies.

Has anyone had similar - just wondering how long it may take to clear up.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Poor Rhodri now has ear infection
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 12:39:04 PM »
Poor little fella!
Haven't really got any advice, both my last dog and Humphrey have had ear trouble at some point but both cleared up pretty quickly with treatment. (The only trouble I ever had was persuading them to have drops put in!  >:( - Humphrey's very suspicious of anything near his ear after he had to have a grass seed removed when he  was young)
More  :bigarmhug: s to Rhodri again, hope he'll feeling better soon!
 :luv:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 04:19:00 PM »
Oh poor boy, ear infections can be nasty.  Minstrel has had a couple and usually take 14-21 days to clear completely, guess it depends how severe Rhodri's is

Just be aware if you are going tomorrow that you may be paying 'out of hours/emergency fees' so if it can wait till Monday, it may be a better option.

:bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: for Rhodri
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Rhodri0311

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2022, 05:05:37 PM »
Oh poor boy, ear infections can be nasty.  Minstrel has had a couple and usually take 14-21 days to clear completely, guess it depends how severe Rhodri's is

Just be aware if you are going tomorrow that you may be paying 'out of hours/emergency fees' so if it can wait till Monday, it may be a better option.

Our vets are inside Pets at Home so they’re open tomorrow - the vet said she wouldn’t charge a consultation fee tomorrow as she wasn’t able to take the swabs today. I’m still dreading the cost though!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2022, 06:27:28 PM »

Our vets are inside Pets at Home so they’re open tomorrow - the vet said she wouldn’t charge a consultation fee tomorrow as she wasn’t able to take the swabs today. I’m still dreading the cost though!

phew that must be a bit of a relief tho it can still be a worry, Good luck tomorrow, let us know how you get on  :D
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.