Author Topic: Vomiting and diarrhoea bug going round  (Read 1069 times)

Offline phoenix

• Donator
Vomiting and diarrhoea bug going round
« on: January 15, 2022, 07:26:35 PM »
A local professional dog walker (S.Yorks)  warned me about the bug affecting some of his customers dogs.   Apparently it’s not just Yorkshire, but everywhere.  Most are ok at home, but vulnerable ones are worse.  It isn’t related to particular parks, woods or beaches, so I don’t know.
Both of mine had tummy bugs at Xmas, one of them needing out twice a night, the other refusing food or water for a day.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-59972971o
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: Vomiting and diarrhoea bug going round
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 07:28:22 AM »
 Thanks for that

Ash refused to eat for a couple of days, motion a bit loose but no sickness- wonder if that was what was wrong with her  :huh:

Offline phoenix

• Donator
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline sophie.ivy

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 09:21:53 AM »
Hi Phoenix,

My girl had a stomach bug over xmas too and was refusing any water. Needed antibiotics in the end and spoon feeding water/ice cubes, which worked wonders. The vet did say she was the 3rd dog she had seen that day with some sort of bacterial infection!

Scary, but good to get the word out so others can spot the signs.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2022, 04:25:38 PM »
Well good news if you need it - pumpkin puree back in stock at Sainsbury, while I was busy asking staff member if it was sugar and spice free (different brand) another customer arrives with photo on phone of old type, seems her cav has v and d and vet told her there were seeing a lot.

Thank you so much for flagging this up as Ollie had no boosters last summer I am being extra careful and took him in the car to a quite lane near MIL and we saw no one.

Many thanks Phoenix
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed