Author Topic: STOLEN - Alcester, Warwickshire. B49 5NJ- FRIDAY 29TH JULY  (Read 4343 times)

Offline JohnMcL

• Donator

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: STOLEN - Alcester, Warwickshire. B49 5NJ- FRIDAY 29TH JULY
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 04:42:00 PM »
Dreadful!     >:D

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 06:04:02 PM »
It is awful. But am surprised she had been left in the truck. It was so hot there on Friday, it could have been a fatallity instead   neither outcome is good.  Let's hope she gets home.  I have to say, there was plenty of water and pools about for the dogs, but it still upsets me not seeing people providing it for their own. To assume the venue will provide is not good enough.  Also at £2.50 a bottle, don't think many people brought it.  Sorry for rant.
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2022, 05:22:32 PM »
Hope she is found soon bless her.

Some rotten folk around - >:D
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2022, 09:33:12 PM »
It is awful. But am surprised she had been left in the truck. It was so hot there on Friday, it could have been a fatallity instead   neither outcome is good.  Let's hope she gets home.  I have to say, there was plenty of water and pools about for the dogs, but it still upsets me not seeing people providing it for their own. To assume the venue will provide is not good enough.  Also at £2.50 a bottle, don't think many people brought it.  Sorry for rant.
I agree with you and obviously many others also.  The details have been updated to clarify that the vehicle was air conditioned for the dogs. 

Offline JohnMcL

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2022, 10:38:47 AM »
I wish I lived in an environment where I felt comfortable to leave the dogs in my car whilst paying for fuel, even 30 metres away in full view, but I don’t. I’ve got friends who live in remote villages in Scotland who leave their dog in the car whilst doing a weekly shop, they were shocked when I said I wouldn’t do that.
I can’t imagine what having a dog stolen must feel like. Ivy still hasn’t been found, I hope all the stolen dogs get home: I don’t have suitable vocabulary for dog thieves.

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2022, 03:28:10 PM »
I feel just as you do John but I also worry when I am out with them, particularly with my little boy who is just 16 weeks old. When he was about 9 weeks old and I was still carrying him everywhere, I was approached by two teenagers, one on a bike.  They just wanted to know about him but I was terrified they would snatch him.  It is a sad reflection on our society that I should feel like that.  I also worry if I see people in vans watching me as I take the dogs home.  When i do leave them home alone,  I am anxious all the time until I am home.  I can honestly say my dogs are the most valuable ‘things’ in my home, everything else can be replaced.
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline sophie.ivy

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2022, 04:25:26 PM »
This is so sad, I hope they get her home soon! I read here that he just left her for 20mins to drop off a trophy he'd won last year in a working test. He also left her in a boot crate with his other cocker, Junior, who didn't get taken but must have been absolutely terrified by it.
https://www.stratford-herald.com/news/dog-owner-sickened-as-beloved-ivy-stolen-9267605/

Stories like this really worry me and like John, I don't even feel comfortable leaving my Ivy for 5 mins whilst I pay for fuel.

Vixen - I would have been cautious about that too, even though it was probably completely harmless. I had a teen girl ask to take a photo of Ivy when she was 14wks and I said no. Felt like a right grumpy you know what at the time, but you just don't know these days.

What a sad time we're living in.

Praying for her safe return!!

Offline JohnMcL

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2022, 07:37:06 AM »
Morning!
I feel exactly the same, I used to leave Peanut & Elsa at home alone for an hour a week whilst I did a food shop. I’d be anxious all the time resulting in speeding and whizzing around food aisles like a nutter! I’m very aware of vans whilst walking too, I cross roads to avoid ones that I don’t know.
I live in a rural village and used to always walk locally but I don’t feel comfy having a set routine now so drive to different fields and parks.
I’ve trained an emergency recall and they are both good at it BUT it wouldn’t work if either was grabbed/lifted up. This is the problem with smaller dogs, they’re easy to lift. I totally understand you feeling more vulnerable with a pup Vixen. Sophie, I wouldn’t have allowed the photo either and would have felt like a grump too!

I check Ivy’s page every time I’m online hoping to see that she’s found. I hope she gets home soon.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2022, 11:11:27 AM »
I read something which brought me to tears last week regarding a cocker spaniel - I felt it was to distressing to post, so deleted the link.

There are some truly wicked people out there - animals are more decent than them.

I hope she is found soon. 

I have been very diligent with Ollie - he loved going shopping with me and has always loved the car, this time of year he just can't go out...but my late cousin had her dog go missing many years ago - there was a spate of dog thefts in Cheshire and it has always stayed with me.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2022, 04:51:40 PM »
Ivy has not been found yet

If anyone is willing to put posters up please contact Garret, Gill or Rosie to let them know your address and they will post out to you.

Ivy is a petite lemon cocker who is timid and will be scared without her owner and other dogs around her.  Please help if you are able to.

For those concerned that Ivy was in a car, she wasn’t, it was a secure pickup with climate control for the dogs.  They forced the tailgate and the lock to her built in crate to get her out.  Had there been space in the competitors car park there would have been security and plenty of others around to prevent her being taken - the Game Fair let the owner down badly in my view.

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2022, 02:23:05 PM »
I keep looking for updates of Ivy as I am sure, lots of other COLers do too.
My thoughts are with the owners and Ivy of course.  It is my worse nightmare to have one or both of my dogs taken.
My sincere hope is that very soon there will be an update to say she has been found and happy to be home.

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2022, 04:18:06 PM »
Ivy is still not home

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2022, 02:51:01 PM »
It is so sad,  When i saw the article had been updated, I was really really hoping it would be good news. 

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2022, 04:33:42 PM »
Just seen online that Ivy has been reunited!
 :clapping: :banana: :clapping: :banana: :clapping: :banana: :clapping: :banana: :clapping:

No details given due to ongoing investigation, but Ivy is OK and back with her family.  :luv: