Author Topic: I'm New To All This, But Cocker Mad!  (Read 7349 times)

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
I'm New To All This, But Cocker Mad!
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2005, 03:29:32 PM »
Hi there! Half term is faaaaaaaannnnntassstic!! Sadly it's back to school for me soon! Are you a teacher too then?? My hubby to be would love to get a working cocker, we saw one when we were out walking our two months ago and he hasn't stopped talking about it!! That suits me he can get himself a working cocker and I'll get myself another blue roan! 4 dogs in the house i would love it!!!!

lisa xxxx

Hiya! Welcome to COL I'm a newbie too!  Isn't half term great!  I have a ten week old working cocker called Bailey and I love him to bits!

You can see some photos of him below  :D

My Webpage
[snapback]155417[/snapback]

Offline Mich

• Site Member
  • Bailey come back!
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2005, 08:19:05 PM »
Yep I'm a teacher too! We were back to school today, it was yucky as we have Ofsted looming!

I absolutely love working cockers but they are soooooooooooo crazy! Or maybe that is just Bailey!

7 weeks and 3 days till we break up till Christmas! :P
  Mich, Bailey and Poppy xxxxx

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2005, 08:26:48 PM »

7 weeks and 3 days..........and counting!!!! God It was hard getting back into the routine today....poor you Ofsteds never good!...........I'm a primary school teacher and would you believe we were told to start rehersals for our Christmas concert (it is a BIG affair!!) next week! The kids are going to be high about Christmas for the full 7 weeks, we'll barely get Halloween, Diwali, and Fireworks night out the way!!!!nightmare!! I don't have working cockers but absolutley love them! My OH is desperate to get a worker, me I'm just desperate to get another cocker!!!! Well actually I'm despaerate to fill the house with cockers!!
Lisa xx

Offline Mich

• Site Member
  • Bailey come back!
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2005, 05:12:07 PM »
I'm aprimary school teacher too, Year 3! What about you?  We also have been told to begin preparation for our Christmas play as well as work miracles in our classroom!  My highlight of the day is coming home at lunch time to play fetch with Bailey in the back garden - HOW SAD :P
I also would love to fill my house full of cockers, however the boyfriend says one is enough!  I'm pushing for a golden girl next summer :D

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2005, 08:56:04 PM »

I'm aprimary school teacher too, Year 3! What about you?  We also have been told to begin preparation for our Christmas play as well as work miracles in our classroom!  My highlight of the day is coming home at lunch time to play fetch with Bailey in the back garden - HOW SAD :P
I also would love to fill my house full of cockers, however the boyfriend says one is enough!  I'm pushing for a golden girl next summer.

I have the babies! Reception and Year 1. At my school reception are expected to be mini guienuses and adding up and taking away to twenty, reading fluently etc etc, oh and I have to fit in all the fun, play, role play etc all at once!! No mean feet!!........I love Christmas, and I love being with the kids at Christmas but my god it's stressful!!!!!!!!

I was on a course today that was really interesting and i was really excited about getting back into the classroom and implementing some of the stuff i'd learnt.......my head was so pleased i'd come back all enthusiastic (you know what some of those courses are like!!), that was until i said i needed some resourses! She soon changed her tune when she thought she'd have to spend some money!!

I  rush home at lunch too to be with the dogs......and its the highlight of my day! We can be sad cocker loving teachers together!!!!! I hope you can talk your boyf into letting you have another.......My boyf (husband come Feb!) was a pushover about me getting a 2nd pooch not sure what he'll say when I tell him I want a third!!!!!! tee hee
Lisa xxxxxxxx

Offline Mich

• Site Member
  • Bailey come back!
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2005, 11:19:01 PM »
Hi there sorry for the delayed reply things have been sooooo manic at school I've only had time for work in the evenings!  How are you enjoying your weekend?  I'm having a great one with Bailey, it's so nice getting to spend all day with him,

I teach year 3 and they are young enough! I don't know how you cope with the baby ones, they would drive me insane!!!  So how long have you been teaching and where abouts is your school?

6 weeks and 3 days ;)

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2005, 08:54:18 AM »
Know what you mean about a manic week.....some was school....some was Nancy's bad spaying experience!

Glad you are having a relaxing (if you can ever get relaxed with a mad cocker in the house!!) weeked with Bailey. We are havind a quiet one, we can't go out on any long romps what with Nancy having stitches.....oh well it saves grooming mounds of dirt out of their coats!!

I looooove teaching the little ones! They are bloody hard work mind you!! I'm actually teaching back at my old Primary school! I have been there for nearly 4 years now......it's in Gravesend. What about you, where do you teach? Although I have Reception like I mentioned before the work they are expected to do is more like Yr1/Yr2 work........which can be bloody hard going.......some kids are just not ready to read and write when they are 4/5/6.......and I'm not going to force it....they'll only end up hating school in the long run if I do......It can be quite hard to get the happy medium between the work and play.

I'm lucky because I live fairly close to where I work, so I can pop home to see the dogs at lunch time, sometimes they are like a physciatrist when I come home from a manic morning, I moan they listen!!

I don't know if I can see myself teaching the little ones for ever, my opposite class teacher is 65, I don't know how she copes, some days they drive me insane........let alone adding the age thing to it! By the time I'm 65 I want to have been breeding and showing cockers for 20 years and have got Best In Show at Crufts!! Tee Hee I can dream!!!!!!!!!!! ;) (My friends all think I'm losing the plot going all doggy on them!!)  I better hurry up because my two are pets not show dogs!! Mind you I doubt I'd be able to part with any puppies! Still have a few years yet I'm only 26!  Will have to talk my OH into getting another.....like I said he wants the next one to be a working cocker, like your Bailey.

Anyway I'm rambaling it's a bad habit of mine! I spend so long talking to children when I actually start talking to an adult I can't stop!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Have just realised we are breaking up on the 16th Dec so I only have 6 weeks!!!!Whoooopppppeeeeee!! Are you breaking up on a Monday then?!?!?

Lisa xxxxx

Offline Mich

• Site Member
  • Bailey come back!
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2005, 02:50:21 PM »
I'm very Jealous! We break up on the Wednesday before christmas! I ask you, when on earth am I supposed to get my chistmas shopping done?!!!!

My school is in Rubery in Birmingham.  Sorry for being stupid but I have no idea where Gravesend is??!!   :lol:

So what happened to Nancy, why was it a bad experience?
 My Bailey is having a tired day today he is quite happy cuddled up next to me on the sofa - BLISS :D

Mich xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2005, 03:33:28 PM »
I'm very Jealous! We break up on the Wednesday before christmas! I ask you, when on earth am I supposed to get my chistmas shopping done?!!!!

My school is in Rubery in Birmingham.  Sorry for being stupid but I have no idea where Gravesend is??!!   :lol:

So what happened to Nancy, why was it a bad experience?
 My Bailey is having a tired day today he is quite happy cuddled up next to me on the sofa - BLISS :D

Mich xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[snapback]158021[/snapback]

Hi ya!

Gravesend is in Kent, a very dreary place indeed!!!!! Gravesend that is not Kent!

Nancy was spayed on Wed, when I called the vets to ask what time she could come home, they said ahe wouldn't be coming home tonight! She was still bleeding from the op and they were possibly going to have to open her up again.........I was told I couldn't come and see her because seeing me would make her happy and that would make her BP rise and that would make her bleed more.  I was told she may have internal bleeding. I was beside myself! Basically they buggered up the op ( well thats my opinion) the next day when Lee phoned to check on her they said they had never suspected an internal bleed........somebody didn't hav their story straight....and when he quiered a few things they were very cagy indeed. Thankfully she is now home and on the mend. She gets her stitches out on Monday 14th.

Was looking at pics of your Bailey earlier he is such a sweetie, was showing Lee he is most jealous!.

So you live in Birmingham, easy acsses to the NEC, are you heading to Crufts this year, or is it not your thang?.....never though it was mine till I got my munchkins now I'm obsessed!!

Gutting you break up so late for Christmas, that sucks! You'll have to start the Xmas shopping soon otherwise you'll have NO time and it'll be a nightmare!

I think I should PM you rather than chat to you on this thread, not sure anyone else is interested in our rambalings!! (not sure how to PM you though......d'uh!!!!!)

Lisa xxxxxxx

Offline Mich

• Site Member
  • Bailey come back!
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2005, 04:12:22 PM »
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, I think If you click on my name or I click on yours then that members profile comes up and then you can PM them!  However I am not too sure how to retrieve the message!  I shall try it now!