Author Topic: When Is Too Old For A First Litter?  (Read 2977 times)

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
When Is Too Old For A First Litter?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2005, 10:08:30 PM »
I know of a 10 year old bitch who had a litter :o
[snapback]169109[/snapback]

What somebody actually mated her??????????? :angry:  Or was it an accident?????? :blink:  :o

So does that answer my question about them not becoming menopausle (sp!?)

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2005, 10:10:22 PM »
I don't even wanna think about how old some of the bitches are that puppy farmers use................that could be either end of the spectrum.........v v young or v v old :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2005, 10:11:50 PM »
This is not a question being asked by me, it's one that was asked of me today over the telephone.

A man called, said he lived local, he had a bitch who will be 6 in a couple of months and said he wanted to breed her.  I, very politely told him, she was really a bit old for a first litter, I asked what health checks she had done,  how he had gone about finding a stud dog............none of which he had done, so I told him to try and forget it and enjoy his girl as a pet!

He wasn't too impressed with my answers, although I put it over as nicely as I could, he said his wife would be upset as she had set her heart on having puppies..........he did say they would forget it then, as his pets health was more important.

Do you think I gave the right advise?
Hi, I think it was me you are referring to.
Actually, I was very impressed with your answers and knowledge.
Sorry if you got the wrong impression.
Best wishes
[snapback]62217[/snapback]

I think it was very sensible of you to ask and seek advice on the matter if you were unsure ;)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2005, 10:17:23 PM »
Hey folks this is a very old thread that's been resurrected ;) Please can you not rake up old threads as it pushes the newer threads further down & I'm sure Sharon is no longer looking for answers to her question ;)

Jane
Jane