Author Topic: 1st Season  (Read 1567 times)

Offline LoveCatz

• Site Member
1st Season
« on: December 31, 2005, 03:32:16 PM »
Pepsi started her first season 2 days ago. She seems fine except a little clingy and a bit subdued. Is this the norm? Is there anything I should watch out for as although I've had a bitch before she had already been spayed? She's keeping herself relatively clean and Woody is taking little interest.

Offline Woody's Mum

• Site Member
  • ''The dog is the god of frolic''
1st Season
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 03:44:11 PM »
Bless her!

Daisy was like this for the first few days of her season, then she started to bleed. I'm not looking forward to her next season now that we have Woody as it was very messy.

Hopefully Pepsi will have a quieter season than Daisy did!
With Love, Toni & Woody xx

www.myspace.com/tonitee

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
1st Season
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 05:10:11 PM »
Hi,
Penny is like that when she comes into season. Watch her in her second week as she may become a bit flirtatious with the boys. My last 2 dogs didn't bother on their first season, but Penny who is normally the shy, retiring type was a little minx from her first season and it took me by surprise!
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline LoveCatz

• Site Member
1st Season
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 05:39:04 PM »
Thanks, that's reassuring. Woody is only 10 weeks and we intend have her spayed as soon as the vet says it's OK. OH feels sorry for her because we can't let her off the lead and can only walk her where no toher dogs are about. He's a big softy  :rolleyes:

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
1st Season
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 06:41:11 PM »
Daisy had her first season last February - I remember walking her on the beach at 6 o'clock in the morning so that we would not meet any other dogs.  Daisy thought it was ok - I hated it :lol:

Daisy also got a new nickname during her season 'drippy drawers' :ph34r:   She started off being very good about keeping herself clean - lasted about 5 days before she got bored of that and decided that 'au natural' was the way to go :rolleyes:  :lol:
Sarah & The Roan Rangers - Daisy Dog & Dill Boy

The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me