Author Topic: Advice Needed  (Read 1081 times)

Offline cpmf1526

• Site Member
Advice Needed
« on: February 03, 2006, 01:23:24 PM »
Hi everyone.

I'm hoping there is someone who can offer some advice as I'm not quite sure of what to do next ....

As some of you will know, Chester is now 5 mths old but I'm getting quite worried as we still haven't received his KC documents through.  :(
We purchased him from a breeder in Worcestershire and although he was advertised as being KC reg, the docs weren't available when we picked him up but we were told they would follow a couple of weeks later.  I had read in various places that they should be ready for when the puppy goes to its new home but as my friend Claire (Homer and Hugo's mom) had two cockers from her before and the documents came through afterwards, I thought (wrongly so) that the same would happen with us.  I know she's had personal problems but I think that three months is taking it a bit far ......

I have tried on several occasions to contact her, via email and leaving messages on her answer phone but she has never got back to me.  I finally got hold of her two weeks ago and was told she would sort it out but I have heard nothing.  I have since called the Kennel Club as I wanted to see if Chester's litter was registered (I know who the Dad is as it's the same as Homer and Hugo's) and was 90% sure who the mother was but nothing has been registered.

I wondered if anyone had any advice for me as to what to do next - I would really appreciate it. I just feel completely ripped off - I wouldn't change Chester for the world but I would like to know his pedigree  :(
Claire & Chester xx

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Advice Needed
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 02:31:25 PM »
I'm going to PM you off forum as I've heard similar complaints about your breeder - one person I know was in the process of taking her to the Small Claims Court but I don't know the outcome yet.

Jane
Jane

Offline cpmf1526

• Site Member
Advice Needed
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 02:40:39 PM »
Thanks Jane - that will be great.  I had feared this .......
Claire & Chester xx