Author Topic: i need help i want to breed my bitch  (Read 4404 times)

Offline miss_donna

• Site Member
Re: i need help i want to breed my bitch
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2006, 12:00:49 AM »
the reason i haven been reading is because i have just got married passe my drivind test and moved to wales within 6 months of each other sorry to whom ever it may concern and hurt but we aint all perfect and some of us have family problems like kids and other stuff i am obviously really out of my league here my vet told my he had eye checked her last moth when she went for her check up and her vaccinations (follow ups)she has a microchip im sorry for wasting you r time oh and i cant reg the litter to the last comment my dog aint registered forget it  i'll d it myself sorry for asking for  help i have a dog in dover that i can breed with wanted help not a war

Offline Cayley

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2006, 12:01:27 AM »
When your first post is basically saying 'I'm breeding from my bitch, that's it' people are bound to react. You've not introduced yourself so how can we tell if your being serious  ;). You need to find out what you want from a litter then find a stud that will give you what your looking for, the pedigrees need to be examined to work out what characteristics are likely to be passed down. You don't have papers so this prevents you from being able to use the most suitable stud dog.
Cayley.

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2006, 12:02:13 AM »
I work in a vets, and I agree 100% with Gilly. DO NOT breed, unless you want to

a)lose money

b) be responsible for any resulting puppies for the rest of their lives

c)pay for all of the VITAL checks neded like Gilly said, before breeding.

Every day at work I see tragedies resulting in ill puppies, and owners wanting recompense- and that's the upside. It's not something to get into unless,like children, you take it on till they are old! ;)
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2006, 12:05:47 AM »
the reason i haven been reading is because i have just got married passe my drivind test and moved to wales within 6 months of each other sorry to whom ever it may concern and hurt but we aint all perfect and some of us have family problems like kids and other stuff i am obviously really out of my league here my vet told my he had eye checked her last moth when she went for her check up and her vaccinations (follow ups)she has a microchip im sorry for wasting you r time oh and i cant reg the litter to the last comment my dog aint registered forget it  i'll d it myself sorry for asking for  help i have a dog in dover that i can breed with wanted help not a war

Well all the more reason NOT to breed  :huh: you obviously don't want to be a reputable breeder and just want to make a fast buck and produce more unwanted, unresearched, un-health tested puppies, un-registered puppies  >:D How do you know if the stud is compatible...or shall I re-phrase that...DO YOU CARE  :huh: do you know anything about colour genetics?
I give up...I really do  :huh:

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2006, 12:06:36 AM »

Sad. :huh:
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline PennyB

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2006, 12:10:19 AM »
The eye check you mention was that just a visual one or the optigen one, bearing in mind this is a specific test that vets only carry out on request and am not sure but only certain vets may be able to carry this out.

We're only trying to make sure that responsible breeding is encouraged on this board.

Idle curiosity but have you ever had pups from the other dogs you metioned earlier.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2006, 12:15:22 AM »

so now that's all done you've got plenty of time on your hands have you, the kids can amuse themselves for the next 17 weeks (9 for the pregnancy and the following 8 for any resulting pups) and you can guarantee no other interuptions to everyday life will come along.

I've got 3 dogs, 3 children, 1 husband and I work - not full time I hasten to add, so don't think we all sit here all day with nothing better do, we've got lives too you know  >:(

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2006, 12:18:08 AM »
my vet told my he had eye checked her last moth when she went for her check up and her vaccinations (follow ups)she has a microchip

Your local vet cannot carry out eye tests - a check of her eyes by your vet is not an eye test. I'm sorry but breeding from an unregistered bitch who has not been screened for hereditary diseases is very irresponsible and sadly you don't appear to want to learn about the right way to do things. You seem determined to take offence because people on here who care about the breed can see that you do not yet know enough to be considering breeding. However as so often happens all we can do is give advice - we can't make people take that advice if they're determined not to. I will lock this thread for now as there seems little point in it continuing when you seem more interested in stirring up a reaction than learning from the experience available on this forum.

Jane
Jane