Author Topic: Health & Genetics Seminar  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Health & Genetics Seminar
« on: July 18, 2006, 05:07:18 PM »
The Cocker Spaniel Club are holding a Health & Genetics Seminar on September 23rd 2006 at Norton Parish Hall, Littleworth, Worcester, WR5 2QF. Details as follows:

A talk to cover DNA Testing for GPRA and FN plus a question and answer session with Dr Jeff Sampson (Kennel Club Canine Genetics Co-Ordinator)

Other activities during the day:

• Optigen Blood Draw
  • Eye Testing Clinic
  • Microchipping Service
  • Puppy Rally (to include ringcraft experience and advice on trimming)

Tickets cost £15 per person to include a buffet lunch. More information can be found HERE
Jane

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
Re: Health & Genetics Seminar
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 05:32:32 PM »
I wonder whether you know whether it is possible to have blood drawn for the optigen tests for other breeds also (border collie - CEA)? 

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 06:34:22 PM »
I wonder whether you know whether it is possible to have blood drawn for the optigen tests for other breeds also (border collie - CEA)? 

I'm not sure if this would be possible but you could check with Jinty Gill-Davies who's organising the Optigen clinic (tel no on the link in my post). I did a quick check on Optigen's site and there is a 20/20 clinic being run by the Southern Border Collie Club on Sept 19 for all breeds so you might want to check that out as an alternative(HERE's the page with more details).
Jane

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 07:00:31 PM »
Thank you Jane.  I will give her a ring.  If it's not possible I will get her tested at SBCC, thank you  :D

Penel

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 09:15:50 PM »
Jeff is a great speaker, we had him to talk at the CIMDA seminar a few years back now - he is v entertaining, and v knowledgable.