Author Topic: newborn Pup with cleft palate  (Read 12622 times)

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Re: newborn Pup with cleft palate
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2007, 06:47:33 PM »
..sending some healing hugs her way x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2007, 07:29:58 PM »
Good luck hope it all works out :luv:
Kelly & the Keladity Klan

Visit our website
www.keladitycockers.co.uk
Dogs laugh but they laugh with their tails! - Max Eastman

jarbaha

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2007, 08:14:06 PM »
sending snuggles  good wishes for the little puppy. :luv:

i had this with a litter of mine 3 weeks ago, :'( sadley one of my little puppies did not make it :'(, as it had a cleft palate, she could'nt even take mums first milk, i did sit up all night to hand feed her, to no avail, she lost weight, and became too weak, its the most hardest, but also kindest thing that i could have done, was to have her pts. it never gets any easier, i can assure you.
the vet came out to me, as puppy and mum was gettting distressed, and the vet had only given her less than 10 % survival, even before they could have opereated,( which vet said was'nt and option :'() ( they would have had to rehydrate her ),but was two weak to stand this, even if she had been strong enough, there was so many other pitfalls too, like fluid on lungs, ect, ect.
to hear a puppy cry , because it is so hungry is awful and will stay with me for life, 
sometimes you can't always help them, even though you try everything, for my little puppy the best thing for her was to pts.
she was a good birth weight of 8.2 oz, but in less than 24 hours had gone down to just under 6 0z.

so sending all my love and best wishes, that your little puppy makes it. she obviously a little fighter. sending big hugs to your little one.
terri
x

Offline lolajays

• Site Member
  • Little miss Maudie pants and the beautiful Alice!
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2007, 08:21:52 PM »

i had this with a litter of mine 3 weeks ago, :'( sadley one of my little puppies did not make it :'(, as it had a cleft palate, she could'nt even take mums first milk, i did sit up all night to hand feed her, to no avail, she lost weight, and became too weak, its the most hardest, but also kindest thing that i could have done, was to have her pts. it never gets any easier, i can assure you.
the vet came out to me, as puppy and mum was gettting distressed, and the vet had only given her less than 10 % survival, even before they could have opereated,( which vet said was'nt and option :'() ( they would have had to rehydrate her ),but was two weak to stand this, even if she had been strong enough, there was so many other pitfalls too, like fluid on lungs, ect, ect.
to hear a puppy cry , because it is so hungry is awful and will stay with me for life, 
sometimes you can't always help them, even though you try everything, for my little puppy the best thing for her was to pts.
she was a good birth weight of 8.2 oz, but in less than 24 hours had gone down to just under 6 0z.

so sending all my love and best wishes, that your little puppy makes it. she obviously a little fighter. sending big hugs to your little one.
terri
x
If only BYB's and farms etc were to read and acknowledge this story surely this mush have some effect. I cried just reading it never mind actually seeing this pup in the first place. Terri im so sorry to hear your sad sad story!  :'(
Tracey, Maudie and Alice x

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2007, 08:38:35 PM »
Ann best of luck with your little one.  At least you can know you have given her every chance to make it - hoping she does.
Keep us posted.
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline Tracy S

• Site Member
  • louie-blue shoes
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2007, 09:27:10 PM »

Just caught up with this thread, Ann - I dearly hope your baby girl pulls through :luv:

Terri- my heart goes out to you, your post has made me cry, hope the other puppys are doing well :luv:

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2007, 09:45:25 PM »
Oh Jarbaha ...that broke my heart  :'( cant imagine how you must have felt (((HUG))) ...well done for giving your little bundle a chance of life ..thinking of you x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2007, 09:50:07 PM »
Oh Jarbaha ...that broke my heart  :'( cant imagine how you must have felt (((HUG))) ...well done for giving your little bundle a chance of life ..thinking of you x

me too  :'( must have been truly awful  :'(

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2007, 11:16:06 PM »
Ann I really hope your wee pup continues to grow stronger with every day.  :luv:
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

jarbaha

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2007, 07:59:45 AM »
to lolajays, tracys, suzysu & jan/ billy.

thank you for your lovley messages.

i never meant to upset you by my post, it was just to say sometimes you can't always help puppies.
i care and great deal about what i do, i would have done and paid any thing to have kept that puppy.
it never gets any easier to loose any puppy, to have brought her into the world was lovely , but sometimes nature has a nasty sting in her tail. every one of my puppies is special, and i stand by all my puppies for life. thats just the sort of person i am.
it was awful, and although sometimes there is haertache along the way, there is also a lot of joy and happiness

once again thank you for your posts, loosing any puppy is devasting, and i can never put in words, how heart breaking it is. i cried like a baby when she was pts, but i know i did everything i could for her.
terri
x

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2007, 11:38:30 AM »
i never meant to upset you by my post,

I feel we need to hear posts like yours  ;) It educates people about just how difficult the job of breeding is , & may help ensure that only the most dedicated people breed  :D

Offline ann

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2007, 01:36:37 PM »

terri
x

Jarbaha I can't see the screen anymore! :'( So sorry to hear of your loss.
Hope your other little ones are doing well. My girl is still fighting for life, she is also 60z so very small like your one was.

Offline ann

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2007, 12:53:19 PM »
Just to let everyone know that she died in my arms at midnight last night... she caught inhalation pneumonia as she had green fluid coming out of her nose when she died :'(
i am utterly heartbroken but at the back of my mind I knew she was very weak and had a poor survival rate.
I can't help thinking that I should of done what lots of breeders were telling me to do and that was tube feed her to prevent the pneumonia, but i wasn't confident enough to do this :embarassed: thanks to everyones kind comments and advice.
rest in peace my little one :'(

Offline Boof

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2007, 12:56:41 PM »
I'm so sorry, will be thinking of you.  :'(

Offline White Bryony

• Site Member
  • Woofie 5.5.1999 - 29.4.13
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2007, 12:58:38 PM »
Ann

I am so sorry to hear your news - you must be heartbroken.  Sending you lots of hugs.

You gave her the best chance possible.

Run free little one

Lisa, Maddie and Woofie (now at the bridge) xx