Author Topic: Optigen Testing Clinic  (Read 937 times)

Offline Terri Carpenter

• Site Member
Optigen Testing Clinic
« on: June 15, 2007, 07:08:03 PM »
Thought this might be of interest

Our 7th 20/20 Clinic at 1.45pm, on Tuesday 11th September, 2007, primarily for Border Collies, but we welcome all breeds for whom blood tests are available as listed on the Optigen website, www.Optigen.com 

KINDLY CROSS-POST THIS E-MAIL TO ALL CANINE INTERNET LISTS THAT YOU BELONG TO, ALL BREEDS, and of course pass on the details to any friends.

The clinic will be held at: "Foxbarton", 15 Beaconsfield Road, Langley Vale, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 6HA  We're very easy to find - we're just 1 minute's drive from the Grandstand at Epsom Racecourse.  If you don't have Satnav, just go to the AA link, www.theaa.com/travelwatch/planner_main.jsp and type in your postcode and mine, KT18 6HA, and you can print out the entire route to follow.  It couldn't be simpler.

1) BEFORE YOU COME
The Optigen Clinic Code Number is VTSBCC0911 and it will be live online from 28th August.  Please order your test with Optigen as soon as the code number becomes live online at www.Optigen.com  - you must bring your correct paperwork with you. 

2) Have your credit card and all your dog's details to hand before you begin your order online: KC Registration Number, Registered names of Sire and Dam; Date and vet who performed last eye test (if applicable); Tattoo or Microchip number.  If your dog isn't Microchipped, I can do this for you at the Clinic before the blood draw and we put the barcode onto your paperwork then.

3) From  July 2005, dogs have to be Microchiped for the test result to be valid with the ISDS.  For Microchipping, I only charge £10 for SBCC members and £12.50 for non-members. Please let me know now if you'd like your dog chipped on the day.   

4) Ordering online gets you the 20% discount.  Paying by Credit Card when you place your order, gets you a further 5% discount, so well worth having.  (Optigen don't take your money until the bloods arrive safely in New York for testing, however they may advise your card company that this payment is "pending" and this could affect your amount of credit available on your card until it goes through.)   

5) Please let me know how many dogs you want to bring - do this BEFORE you order your test from Optigen to make sure we have places available at the clinic - we can only take a maximum of 40 dogs.  I type labels for each dog beforehand for the samples and the outer packaging, so please e-mail me the following for each of your dogs attending, now:

a) BREED:
b) PET NAME
c) REGISTERED NAME
d) REGISTERED OWNER/S NAME/S

6)  COST: We try to keep costs to a mimumum for you and our vet very generously does this also.  The 20/20 Clinic charges per dog are:

Blood Draw per dog - £7.00 + VAT
Share of the vet's callout charge - £3.50
Share of Fedex Air Freight/Admin -  £2.50

7)  Should your circumstances change and you find that you cannot attend the clinic in person, let me know straight away and I'll send you the instructions for sending your sample to me by post.  Samples drawn and mailed on the Friday before the clinic will be able to be included.

Please save and print this e-mail for future reference.  If you have any queries, please either e-mail me val.tiller@talk21.com or tel (01372) 273597 before 8pm please. 

We look forward to seeing you and finally, 

DON'T FORGET TO BRING YOUR PAPERWORK WITH YOU ON THE DAY! 

Val Tiller :-)
For Southern Border Collie Club

Val Tiller
Foxbarton Border Collies ~ Fit 'n Fertile
www.Foxbarton.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free account today.