Author Topic: Bottoms  (Read 1726 times)

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
Bottoms
« on: December 08, 2003, 01:54:38 PM »
As you may have seen, Phoebe wasn't well last week. She was still runny(!) on Friday even though she was eating ok and had stopped being sick after we starved her for 24 hors and then given her chicken and rice.

She wasn't firmer on Friday so Hubby took her to the vets (as I was away). They gave her two injections (£65!!!) and said to take her back on Saturday and to carry on with the chicken and rice until today - which we have done.

She is very bright and breezy but the first time she went to the loo was at lunchtime today. She had her dry food for the first time this morning. Her motion was very very runny! So much so I had to wash her back end down. Will it get better now shes on her dry food or does this mean she still has an upset tummy? Do I need to increase my vet bill??

I know I'm probably worrying for nothing but I want to make sure she has recovered from her tummy upset.

Thankyou!!                    
Anita

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
Bottoms
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 06:46:36 PM »
Sorry to hear you that poor Phoebe has not been well, I have been busy lately and tonight is the first time I have logged on for a while.  Did the vet give any indication as to what might have caused the problem or has she always had tummy troubles?
Maybe easing her back onto the dried food (mixing it with some chicken and rice and gradually reducing it) might be better than just changing her over to it suddenly.  
Have you always fed her the same dried food?  Do you think it suits her?                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
Bottoms
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2003, 09:56:48 AM »
The vet thought she just had a bug. On Saturday her tummy had definitely settled down.She's aways had a good stomach - never sicky or funny with her food.

She's always had the same dry food and she does enjoy it.

Since I posted this she has been much better - back to normal and eating well.

Thanks for the reply though.

Anita & Phoebe                    
Anita

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
Bottoms
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2003, 12:41:52 PM »
Hi Anita,
I'm so glad that Phoebe is alright now.  It is such a worry when our babies have anything wrong with them.
 :D
Linda                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!