Author Topic: Eyes  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Snoop Doggie

• Site Member
Eyes
« on: December 11, 2003, 12:19:39 PM »
Our pups eyes are very watery and she has tear stains running from them. We do clean them up with a doggie eye solution but its not clearing up as yet. Shes 4 months old now and the Vet has told us its because of the shape of her eyes. Does anyone know if this is likely to clear up as she grows up ?                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Eyes
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2003, 07:17:12 PM »
Hi Snoop Doggie

This subject has come up a few times before - here's one old thread on the subject: http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/forum/viewt...topic.php?t=988. Watery eyes have various causes from blocked tear ducts to distichiasis (extra lashes)etc. If your pup's eyelids are a little loose, then this can also encourage the eyes to water, as can teething (at 4 months old your pup is probably at that stage I would guess :wink:) Try not to worry too much - slightly watery eyes are fairly common in puppies & in some adults & do not generally need treatment unless there are signs of discomfort/infection.

Jane                    
Jane

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
Eyes
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2003, 09:50:05 PM »
I agree with Jane on this one.
It is probably her teeth at this age, what were her eyes like at say 8 - 10 weeks old ?
Some do have watery eyes, even into adultshood, no a prob unless there is obvious discomfort too.

Kim                    
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

Offline Snoop Doggie

• Site Member
Eyes
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2003, 10:24:34 PM »
I dont remember fully but I know they weren't that bad as a real youngster. She is teething at the moment and has lost lots of teeth already and does have a few adult ones through already. I'll give it more time and see how it goes.  :P