Author Topic: Swelling around eyes!  (Read 2223 times)

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Swelling around eyes!
« on: January 05, 2004, 11:04:37 AM »
Hi All

I got up about an hour ago and noticed that Morgan has swellings round his eyes  :cry:   It seems to be above the right eye and below the left one and he's not really himself - very quiet.  He was very restless through the night too.   I phoned the vet as soon as I noticed it and he's got an appointment for 2 o'clock.  

It seems like such a long time till 2 o'clock, I just wondered if anyone has seen this kind of thing before or has any ideas about what it could be  :?  :cry:  

Shirley  :(

P.S.  I put Thornit in his ears last night before bed, but I've been doing this about once every six weeks since we got him and he's never had a bad reaction to it before.  This is the only thing that I can think of that's different to every other day.                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Swelling around eyes!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 11:11:01 AM »
Hi Shirley?  it could be an allergic reaction to something.

Barb                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Swelling around eyes!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 11:15:02 AM »
It does sound like some kind of reaction, possibly he's banged it, maybe some thornit found its way into his eye accidentally (happens easily enough)?

Try not to worry Shirley, I'm sure the vet will sort Morgan out, and let us know how you get on  :wink:                    

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
Swelling around eyes!
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2004, 02:20:55 PM »

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Swelling around eyes!
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2004, 05:55:41 PM »
Hi there

Thanks for the messages.  We went to the vet today and Morgan has Bacterial Conjunctivitis  :( .  The vet says it's been caught really early and Maxitrol drops 3 times a day till Friday should sort it out.  The vet had a student in with him and was rabbiting on to her about Entropion and Distichiasis in cockers :shock:  , all the while my heart is pounding until he finally told me that it was conjunctivitis that Morgan had.  He's relaxing on the sofa just now, taking advantage of the situation like a true cocker!!  :)
Thanks again
Shirley                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Swelling around eyes!
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2004, 06:20:51 PM »
Glad to hear that it's nothing too serious Shirley and hopefully he'll be right as rain very soon. Glad to hear he's not letting the side down by being dramatic  :wink:

Gilly                    

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Swelling around eyes!
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2004, 06:46:17 PM »
Glad to hear Morgan is OK and hope the antibiotics do the trick..... milk it for all it's worth, Morgie Boy ! :lol:

I can understand your trepidation listening to the student, I take Jimmy to an Animal Training Hospital so usually there is a huddle of students around when we go in. Some of them seem even more dramatic in their assessments of Jimmy's ailments than me, I try to block out what they discuss amongst themselves now as I'm sure I heard one of them mention the word "amputation" once when Jimmy had a tic. :shock:  :lol:                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Swelling around eyes!
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2004, 10:04:10 PM »
:D Hi Shirley

I am glad Morgan is OK too!!  I can just picture him on the sofa, with you handfeeding him gravy bones, all evening :wink:  (Stand by robbie lyric coming up) milk it Morgan till it turns into cheese :lol:

Hope he is feeling better soon!

Emma and Indie                    

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Swelling around eyes!
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2004, 07:22:33 PM »
Morgan is much better today.  He was restless again last night rubbing his face on the floor and whinging to himself  :? .  I knew we were in for a sleepless night so I bathed his eyes in some cool water and applied some more drops and he settled down.  

Today the swelling has all but disappeared so just got to keep going with the drops till Friday.  The vet told me to expect a struggle when putting the drops in his eyes, but I think he actually likes it - just sits there looking up until they're in  :D

I was speaking to Morgan's breeder on the phone last night - I think I gave him quite a fright, when I e-mailed him yesterday morning  :oops: .
Thanks everyone for the replies.  COL is great when your worried about something - stops me from reading the Doglopaedia :wink:

Shirley                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Swelling around eyes!
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2004, 07:46:10 PM »
:shock:  I missed this thread. How can I not give something sympathy to a goldie :wink:  Glad to hear his little peepers are getting better :)                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)