Author Topic: Recurrent Shoulder Strain (Tilly) - UPDATED - going for x-rays  (Read 12042 times)

Offline BettyBoo

• Donator
Re: Recurrent Shoulder Strain (Tilly) - UPDATED - going for x-rays
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2009, 07:11:41 PM »
Poor sausage :luv: Hope the x-rays show something and she makes a full recovery. Good luck for the next 3 weeks :-*
Barbara, Betty & Millie x

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2009, 07:18:20 PM »
Oh poor Tilly and poor you.

I hope they can sort her out, and I hope your 3 weeks of rest goes quickly, for both of you!

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2009, 07:23:42 PM »
Ooooh yikes 3 weeks....hope that flies by for you both  :-*
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2009, 08:48:06 PM »
Bloomin heck! Poor Tilly.

Hope you get to the bottom of it once and for all, hopefully three weeks will pass quickly  :blink:

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2009, 09:32:34 PM »
Poor Tilly, how brave is she to be pulled about by the Vet and not make a murmur.  Ellie stops suddenly and holds her foot up if she stands on a rough leaf!

Hope the xrays show nothing serious and hope she is not too upset not being able to run around for 3 weeks.  Good luck!

Offline Harveypops

• Donator
  • owned by Harvey and my honery cocker Flea
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2009, 09:42:51 PM »
3 weeks!!! Poor Tilly! I hope the 3 weeks fly by for you both  :luv: :luv:

Offline dkirkuk

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2009, 10:01:45 PM »
Hi Nicola, and poor Tilly.
Do you have her insured? If yes, and the x-rays don't show anything but you're still having problems you could ask about getting some cross-sectional imaging done which would look at soft tissue as well as bone structures (CT or MR). I'm not sure but guess that the Glasgow vet school will have some scanners. I also once had a horse taken in to the vet school for some radionucleotide imaging for a recurrent and unexplained lameness (can't remember exactly what the scan was called).

Meantime, I'd be disciplined about following the rest instructions. It could be an injury that is just never quite healing before she pings it again. And once the 3 weeks is up be careful to build the exercise back up slowly, and don't let her go haring about on the first day.

There's a horse / canine physio down my way (Ayrshire) who maybe wouldn't be too far for you if it comes to that. I've copied their website address below in case it helps.
www.animalphysioscotland.freeserve.co.uk

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2009, 06:11:54 PM »
How is she today Nicola??
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2009, 06:24:15 PM »
Hi Nic,

Only just seen this, poor Tils :'( Hope you're able to get it sorted really quickly  :-*

Good luck with the rest..... ph34r ph34r ph34r Maybe some colouring books and a rainy half term fun pack will keep her occupied for a bit? (Dave thinks they make superb chews ::) :005:)

x

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2009, 07:18:15 PM »

Bouncy ph34r ::)  The Metacam seems to be doing its job, she's still limping a bit but she's raring to go and every time we move she goes mad thinking she's going for a walk. Short of velcroing her to the floor trying to stop her bouncing around and jumping on and off the sofas is impossible. As we don't have a garden it's a trip to the park across the road 4 times a day and Tills refuses to toilet on lead so I have to let her off and then she tries to run off to find sticks for me to throw for her. Ach well, I'm sure she'll calm down eventually... ph34r ph34r :lol2:  Thanks for asking for her hun :-*

Thanks also for the advice Dkirkuk, she is insured and I'll definitely ask about the cross-sectional imaging as I do have a feeling that it's a soft tissue injury of some kind.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2009, 07:29:14 PM »
Poor Tilly, I hope the x-rays show something that can be easily fixed. :-*

Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2009, 07:33:21 PM »

Bouncy ph34r ::)  The Metacam seems to be doing its job, she's still limping a bit but she's raring to go and every time we move she goes mad thinking she's going for a walk. Short of velcroing her to the floor trying to stop her bouncing around and jumping on and off the sofas is impossible. As we don't have a garden it's a trip to the park across the road 4 times a day and Tills refuses to toilet on lead so I have to let her off and then she tries to run off to find sticks for me to throw for her. Ach well, I'm sure she'll calm down eventually... ph34r ph34r :lol2:  Thanks for asking for her hun :-*

DOnt kow whether I want xrays to show something or nothing- hate to think of Miss Tills in any pain or discomfort but really hope you get to the bottom of the problem and that there is an easy solution to it. Give her a squidge from Fred and I xxx
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2009, 07:35:56 PM »

DOnt kow whether I want xrays to show something or nothing- hate to think of Miss Tills in any pain or discomfort but really hope you get to the bottom of the problem and that there is an easy solution to it. Give her a squidge from Fred and I xxx

wot Lisa said

As I was stomping around the mud in drizzle today I was thinking of Tilly - she must think her throat has been cut with no proper runs :012: (and I can imagine what she's like every time you move  ::) )
helen & jarvis x

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2009, 08:28:32 PM »
Poor Tilly
I hope you get to the bottom of the problem really quickly so that you can get her on the road to recovery  :-*

Offline dkirkuk

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2009, 09:26:47 PM »
Just remembered the other type of scan was some sort of cintigraphy (don't know if that's how you spell it).