Author Topic: KC registration & colour?  (Read 1349 times)

Offline Helen_Marsden

• Limited Member
KC registration & colour?
« on: May 06, 2009, 09:58:03 PM »
Hi all,
I have just today looked at transfering my ownership with KC for Tia.
I noticed that the breeder has registered her as Chocolate & tan, she does not have any obvious tan on her, but does have a slight tan on bottom and tan striping on her paws. The breeder has told me that it is muted tan and therefore is registered as tan.
I have read on other posts that the 'striping' can disappear when they lose their puppy coat, so surely she would then be just chocolate?
Any ideas and is it a problem if they are not registered with true colour?

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: KC registration & colour?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 10:42:24 PM »
Tia doesn't look chocolate & tan in the pics you've posted :-\ It's possible for the breeder to change the registration to reflect the correct colour (if she turns out to be chocolate) but you couldn't do it yourself I'm afraid. It's not that important though in the scheme of things unless you were interested in seriously showing/breeding.
Jane

Offline Helen_Marsden

• Limited Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 04:22:26 PM »
Hi, thanks for your reply.
I emailed KC and they told me exactly that. I then emailed the breeder and this is when she said about her being muted tan.
She does have a little tan on her bottom and there are signs of slight tan eyebrows. She has tan ends on alot of her fur around face.
I did read somewhere on here that the 'tan' can come out as they get a bit older?
What to do?
We would like to get into showing her, but that depends if the white reduces enough, otherwise she wont meet show standard.

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 05:01:10 PM »
I'd just wait and see then - an application to change the registered colour can be made at any time (I think) so no harm in waiting until Tia is older and seeing how her colouring develops.
Jane

Offline Helen_Marsden

• Limited Member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 04:35:37 PM »
Thanks Jane,
I emailed KC again to ask if I could change colouring at a later date, and yes I can and wont need the breeders signature so that is fine.
Be interesting to see what happens with her colour.....
anyone else have experience of their cockers colour changing as they get older?