Author Topic: Useless stud dog  (Read 14143 times)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Re: Useless stud dog
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 09:25:38 AM »
I know of someone who moved on their "stud" dog because he wasn't interested and a few years later suddenley realised what it was about with his new owner when she let her guard down with her just finishing season bitch = litter of lovely but not planned pups!

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline LynneB

• a pile of dogs
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 09:28:01 AM »
My boy is loved far too much to be "moved on" I think, as he is orange roan, he has the orange "thick gene".
Laelia Showdogs and Groomers

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 09:29:50 AM »
My boy is loved far too much to be "moved on" I think, as he is orange roan, he has the orange "thick gene".

I have a orange roan who doesn't have the full set of brain sometimes!  

Please don't think I was suggesting moving him on, just this was another example of a late starter who obviously liked to get to know his lady friends well before taking the next step  ;)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2011, 10:03:40 AM »
My Dylan was 20 months before siring his first litter, not that we had tried before, but he was a natural, I know some boys are supposed to mature later than girls, maybe it's the same with some dogs  :005:

Offline LynneB

• a pile of dogs
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2011, 03:12:43 PM »
Well no luck yesterday. Today he is frantic to get to my bichon girl but will not look at the spaniel. >:D

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2011, 06:32:20 PM »
Sorry I've got a bit lost on this thread, I thought you said the bitch went to another stud and got a mating?   Maybe I'm not reading it right, which wouldn't surprise me  :005:

Have you had experience with stud dogs before?  Dylan is my first boy (other than the gay boy who went to live with my mother in law)  :005:, we took him to my mentor for his first mating, they were tied in a couple of minutes and he's been really good ever since, but still needs my assistance most of the time.

Offline LynneB

• a pile of dogs
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2011, 12:19:03 PM »
Sorry I've got a bit lost on this thread, I thought you said the bitch went to another stud and got a mating?   Maybe I'm not reading it right, which wouldn't surprise me  :005:

Have you had experience with stud dogs before?  Dylan is my first boy (other than the gay boy who went to live with my mother in law)  :005:, we took him to my mentor for his first mating, they were tied in a couple of minutes and he's been really good ever since, but still needs my assistance most of the time.

This was another bitch from the same breeder. Same thing happened, or didn't happen. He was desperate to get to my bichon girl but would not even look at the visitor even though she had been here overnight. Once again she went to another stud and mated straight away. How frustrating is this??

Offline Cayley

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2011, 01:37:18 PM »
Has he ever been told off for humping, it might have put him off.
Cayley.

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2011, 03:44:01 PM »
Is he used to you, ummm.....'handling' him?  :021:

Offline LynneB

• a pile of dogs
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, 12:26:26 PM »
Has he ever been told off for humping, it might have put him off.

I have never told him off for "humping" in fact I have encouraged him when he has tried during play.

Offline LynneB

• a pile of dogs
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011, 12:30:22 PM »
Is he used to you, ummm.....'handling' him?  :021:

Yes he is used to me touching him as I know of a breeder who uses this technique so I have made sure he is used to me. Not much good though when the interest is'nt there.

I am going to run him with a friends bitches over the next couple of weeks as it is only visitors that he has no interest in.  He is still after the bichons........

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 02:06:38 PM »
Is he interested in your Bichons when they are at their peek or just any time during their seasons?  Who said dog breeding was easy  >:D

Offline louisedi

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 02:25:12 PM »
My boy is 2, he is very intrested in his mother when she is at her peak, but the 2 ladies he has had to mate he isn't, been told its because his uncle is top dog in the house, think the only way i'm going to get him intrested is too buy a bitch in, & let them become buds

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 02:25:43 PM »
Ooh this all makes me feel really squeamish :embarassed:
Am glad my girlies are "sorted" and won't be doing it with the boys :lol2:
xxx.

Offline LynneB

• a pile of dogs
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 02:38:15 PM »
Is he interested in your Bichons when they are at their peek or just any time during their seasons?  Who said dog breeding was easy  >:D

He was frantic for Lottie when she was on day 7, she was not ready till day 12, this obsession carried on until day 20.