Author Topic: Sable  (Read 7123 times)

Offline Ian Wright

• Grace
    • Cages
Sable
« on: May 12, 2011, 07:35:45 PM »
What is a Sable Is it Just the colour ????? or are they diffrent from a Show / Working cocker ??? as i have googled then and some pictures of then look like they have a diffrent shaped head ???
Amazing Grace Jalankiu    5/9/2009 18/5/2022

Offline curly_locks

Re: Sable
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 07:45:27 PM »
I think that sable is just a colour, but quite rare in this country. Is it possible some of the pictures you've found are American cocker spaniels? They are quite different to English cockers.

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 08:04:04 PM »
There is at least 1 sable COL dog on here that I know of Ian, look under puppy pics section and put in 'sable' - it will bring you some pics of Monty - he is gorgeous :luv:  There is also another one on here but I think it's a blue roan and sable, so unusual and stunning colouring :luv:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Ian Wright

• Grace
    • Cages
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 08:05:59 PM »
I think that sable is just a colour, but quite rare in this country. Is it possible some of the pictures you've found are American cocker spaniels? They are quite different to English cockers.

Just checked and it was an American site i was looking at  ph34r  some new pups on COL look Like the sable in my search  like Blossom I an really struggling to see the difference in colour

Offline Ian Wright

• Grace
    • Cages
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 08:09:36 PM »
There is at least 1 sable COL dog on here that I know of Ian, look under puppy pics section and put in 'sable' - it will bring you some pics of Monty - he is gorgeous :luv:  There is also another one on here but I think it's a blue roan and sable, so unusual and stunning colouring :luv:

Monty is  :luv: :luv: but i think he lives Brussels  :huh: are there any uk ones on here  :huh:

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 08:11:10 PM »
Yes Monty does!  Can't recall any UK sables though :huh:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 08:21:01 PM »
I'm sure the answer is somewhere on COL, but I wonder why we don't have sables here? Maybe it's difficult to produce a pure strain?
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline montydavies

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 08:25:50 PM »
Monty's ears were burning!! He is indeed a sable and although an unusual colour here in sunny Brussels, I think a bit more common than in UK. I certainly didn't set out to get a sable, but the breeder I found here has a sable dog that is gorgeous, we had pick of the litter and I had my name down for a red bitch before litter was born.  However when we went to see them the sable boy chose me!  Probably a bit wasted on us because we don't show him and aren't going to use him as a stud dog, but he is  :luv: :luv: :luv:  I know people charge alot of money for sable pups, and Monty was a little more expensive than his golden littermates, but not hugely so, and worth every penny!

Offline Ian Wright

• Grace
    • Cages
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 08:29:11 PM »
He is  :luv: :luv: :luv: I have never seen one and only just found out they excised  :005:

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 08:36:29 PM »
 :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 08:48:26 PM »
There are breeders who breed sables here in the UK and there are a few doing well in the show ring. I would love one some day  :luv:
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 08:41:30 AM »
There are quite a few threads on "sable" (it's really a pattern rather than a colour) if you do a forum search. Here's one from a while ago but there are lots more:

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=68049.0
Jane

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 09:10:38 PM »
I met one walking along the Regents Canal in London, quite near to where I bump into Colin, so maybe he knows the dog too.

He was beautiful! (The dog rather than Colin - sorry Colin!)
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 09:53:22 PM »
There are a few Sables belonging to British colers, and a few Europrean sable Col dogs too. Murphy is British havent seen his Mum on here for a while though and her username escapes me at the mo, Martine has Teun , he is sable, not sure where they live? Not much help really am I  :005: :005:
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 11:08:24 PM »
There are a few Sables belonging to British colers, and a few Europrean sable Col dogs too. Murphy is British havent seen his Mum on here for a while though and her username escapes me at the mo, Martine has Teun , he is sable, not sure where they live? Not much help really am I  :005: :005:

Ah, yes, of course, Murphy, username SuperCat http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=71464.msg1055949#msg1055949

Sables are so pretty!  :luv: