Author Topic: new here and new to cockers  (Read 6732 times)

Offline Daxigirl

new here and new to cockers
« on: October 25, 2011, 02:05:10 PM »
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say hi and what a fab forum this is!

On Friday my hubby and I and our 1 year old dachshund cooper will be going to collect our new addition to the family a 10 week old cocker bitch, she is a rescue dog and has had a few problems in her very short life :'(, she had to have her front right leg amputated as it did not grow right when she was born and she could not use it!! she is also blind!!! so as you can see she is not the typical puppy.

I'm sure I will be on here a lot asking questions for things, wish us luck as I'm sure at first we will have a difficult time getting her settled and finding her way around our house (I'm sure cooper the daxi will help her) but she needs us and we will provide a loving home for her.

Offline c19unn

• Donator
Re: new here and new to cockers
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 02:08:08 PM »
OMG OMG are you melissas new mummy??????? :luv:

Melissa: Pre Amputation

if yes then i am extremely jealous as i put in an application for her but yours was already being considered  :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

Please pleasee pleasee put up some pictures of her  :luv:

My Mummy's name is Charlene
My name is Diesel

Diesel DOB:16-04-11

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 02:11:27 PM »
Oo Charlene you beat me to it!
Daxigirl you must be Melissas
new mummy :luv:
That's so lovely hopefully we
can see wee Melissa :luv:growing
up and of course we will need to see
Cooper too! ;)
Looking forward to hearing more from
you and yours....
steff and Ellie the cocker
xxx

Offline c19unn

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 02:13:43 PM »
Its so amazing that we get to have updates on her if it is melissa - she stole my heart and if it wasnt for my OH then we could have had her  :luv: :luv:

Please can you put up photos - so happy she has went to a home with a brother for her - im sure she will fit right in - there are a few blind cocker owners on here that could give you excellent advise - And i forgot to say WELCOME in my excitement  :luv: :luv:
My name is Diesel

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 02:14:11 PM »
Awww welcome - I think we saw your little girl on the Many Tears website when she was called Melissa  :luv:
Always love hearing how the rescues on there get on, so its always lovely when their new owners find their way to COL  :D
If it is your little one will be fantastic to watch her grow up, and if its not welcome anyway and  :bigarmhug:'s for offering your little one the start in life she needs  :luv: :luv: :luv:
I'm Lisa and I've a nearly three year old show cocker called Maggie.  They are very special little dogs. Enjoy your little one and can't wait to see pics of her with new little brother Cooper :luv: :luv: :luv:
xx
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 02:18:50 PM »
Oh how lovely for you all and especially that special wee girlie! I'm sure she'll quickly adapt to her new life in a loving home.

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 02:24:09 PM »
OOOH how exciting , please keep us posted with lots of pics , is your Daxi a standard or mini? would love to see pics of Cooper too ;) I love mini s and would love to hear how the 2 mix ;)
Oh and welcome BTW, I am Jo and have Belle who is Black and 2 1/2 and Monty who is nearly 2 and Red ;)
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline redlottie

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 02:25:22 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum

It sounds like you are looking very forward to offering this little girl a wonderful home - well done you and wishing you lots of luck  :luv:

I am Charlotte and I have 2 working cockers - Otto is 2 years and 4 months and Albie is 1 year and 2 months - and a handful  ;)

Offline Daxigirl

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 02:28:27 PM »
Thank you everyone for the kind welcomes.

Yes come Friday we will be Melissa's new mum and dad lol, she pulled on our hart strings as soon as we seen her but tbh we were not looking for a cocker we were looking for a springer as we lost our springer last November and she was such an amazing dog.

We had been looking for the right dog for a while as cooper the daxi loves other dogs and I think having another dog in the house will be good for him, as soon as we saw her we knew she was the one for us!

I will put some photos on when we get her home with us.

Offline c19unn

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 02:34:05 PM »
Well done you for being brave to take her on - I am so envious and just text the OH to tell him that you have joined the forum and i get to see lots of new pics of melissa  :luv: :luv: :luv:

How exciting for you and i bet you cannot wait  :luv:

I have a black and white cocker called Diesel who is 6 months old

Charlene and diesel xx  :luv:
My name is Diesel

Offline Daxigirl

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 02:34:47 PM »
is your Daxi a standard or mini? would love to see pics of Cooper too ;)

Cooper is a long hair mini black and tan dachshund, as soon as I work out how to put pics on here I will upload some of him.

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 02:35:48 PM »
Welcome.  And well done you for taking on little Melissa.  Looks like she's found just the right home!  All the best.  Can't wait to see how she gets on!

(I'm owned by two show types - Emily (Choc roan) and Oliver (blue))
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline Daxigirl

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 02:40:05 PM »
Well done you for being brave to take her on - I am so envious and just text the OH to tell him that you have joined the forum and i get to see lots of new pics of melissa  :luv: :luv: :luv:

How exciting for you and i bet you cannot wait  :luv:

I have a black and white cocker called Diesel who is 6 months old

Charlene and diesel xx  :luv:
Thank you :D
Don't know if it's brave or just madness lol, we are quite dog savvy we have always had dogs mostly working dogs (springers, labs, lurchers), we do a lot for dog rescue and I'm also a dog groomer so fingers crossed we should be ok lol.

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 02:41:03 PM »
oh well done for giving her a new home .... i can not wait to see some photos of her

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 02:42:20 PM »
A very warm welcome to you, like everyone else has said, we would have all loved to have taken Mellisa in, she is gorgeous. If my Ollie ( 18mth old blue roan) had been  settled I would have had her like a shot. It will be great to see how she gets on.  :luv:
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010