Author Topic: Just checking in for first time to say hello  (Read 1414 times)

Offline mgfblackpool

Just checking in for first time to say hello
« on: June 28, 2012, 09:38:58 PM »
Hi everyone, recently found you all as trying to find some reliable information on Cocker Spaniels. We have been thinking about getting another dog as we really miss our Springer Max and after much thought and discussion think a Cocker would be just right for us.
 We now realise that despite all our precautions when we purchased Max we were obviously misled about his background. He developed several severe health and behavioural problems which shortened his life and made us feel very guilty although we loved him dearly. Anyway, we are determined to gather  as much information as we can and find a reputable breeder to ensure that should we decide definitely on a Cocker that we know we can give him/her the best possible start in life. I look forward to popping in and learning all about your beautiful dogs.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Just checking in for first time to say hello
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 08:23:13 AM »
Hello and welcome to COL :D

Really sorry to hear about you losing Max.

This is a wonderful site to learn about Cockers and to share your enjoyment (and the usual puppy trials and sleepless nights) when you eventually find the right dog :D

Offline jaybee

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 09:17:15 AM »
Hello and welcome,

Very sorry to hear about poor Max   :'(
This is a great place to find advice and help on all sorts of matters. We are a very friendly community, and I look forward to reading your posts  :blink:

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 02:32:02 PM »
Welcome to COL . this is a great site to learn all about cockers, which by the way are the most fantastic dogs ever  ;) :D
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline mgfblackpool

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 08:31:40 PM »
Thanks so much for your kind replies, I will enjoy finding out all about this lovely breed. Max and I used to meet lots of friendly Cocker Spaniels on our walks.

Offline Pauline T

• Charlie Boy
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 09:30:06 PM »
Hi  Welcome to COL  :D This is a great place to learn about all things cocker and to get some very helpful friendly advice. Good luck in your search for your special dog.
Pauline & Charlie xx
A dog can say more with a quick wag of his tail than many people who talk for hours. - Louis Armstrong

Offline mgfblackpool

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 09:20:07 AM »
Hi again, well so much for 'just looking' and taking things slowly. John and I went to just talk to Kerrie at Rebrose and I am not sure if I am more in love with the mummy or the pups ha. Learned so much and really impressed with Kerrie and her dogs, really lovely. Was totally in love with my Springer but can see why you all are besotted with Cocker Spaniels
Marie

Offline karendorman13

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 07:12:48 AM »
Hello i  have reserved one of Kerrie's pups and was like you, the mother is lovely and very laid back and Kerrie lovely and she is so knowledgeable when it comes to the breed, I just cant wait now to bring my little boy home 5 weeks and counting