Author Topic: Is he a cocker or a springer?  (Read 4257 times)

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
Re: Is he a cocker or a springer?
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2012, 11:56:41 AM »
I think if you go back far enough there may be a bit of springer in a lot of working cockers and if you go back even further if the dog was under 25 pounds it was a cocker over that a springer or field spaniel.

This is Dime my little black and white cocker who we lost last year.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j348/jeffukcob/P1010086.jpg

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2012, 01:28:33 PM »
I just wanted to say, that i think Ringo is absolutely gorgeous, whether he is Cocker or Sprocker.  it sounds like you have found the perfect pooch for you and your family  :luv: :luv: enjoy him :D
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline Wendy G

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2012, 11:15:15 AM »
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c400/bragg/Bailey001.jpg

Here are Molly (springer) in the middle and Bailey (working cocker) on the right as a comparison

I would say if you have seen the other pups in the litter and some were solids then Ringo is a cocker.

Bailey is a large cocker as was Spud (the black dog in the picture)
Wendy, Bailey & Stella

RIP Raisen, Badger,Murphy & Spud

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2012, 11:57:28 AM »
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c400/bragg/Bailey001.jpg

Here are Molly (springer) in the middle and Bailey (working cocker) on the right as a comparison

I would say if you have seen the other pups in the litter and some were solids then Ringo is a cocker.

Bailey is a large cocker as was Spud (the black dog in the picture)

It looks like there's hardly any difference apart from markings and size  :005:  If you've nothing to compare to then it must be difficult to tell the difference, as in Ringo's case - he's gorgeous anyway, whether he's a sprocker or a cocker or a springer.  :luv:

Offline cangrejo

• Charlie & Dexter, my beautiful boys xx
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2012, 12:15:26 PM »
He is gorgeous, I can see cocker in his face, it may be there's some springer in his line way back but he's a lovely boy.

One of my boys is a B&W ticked show who as a pup I was often told was a springer one man even went as far as to say "he's can't be a cocker, he's got springer markings"  :rofl1:
Rosie, Charlie & Dexter xxx
Charlie 31/12/09
Dexter 17/06/11

Offline x Denise x

• Molly & Joey
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2012, 09:40:51 PM »
I have a spaniel who i say is a springer. However she was bought 7yrs ago as a chocolate roan cocker. she just never looked cocker enough to me. I contacted the kennel club and they asked me to take her to a cocker spaniel show judge locally so they could have a look.  They took a look for all of a second and said shes not a cocker she's definitely a springer.  I now have got a blue roan cocker and there not  alike but similar...  since joining COL    and seeing the working cockers i am thinking that Molly could be a working cocker after all. I wouldnt change her for the world  but ive gone so long saying shes a springer.... does it really matter shes a spaniel the best dogs in the world ( Bit Bias ) :D

Offline Ringo

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2012, 08:08:12 PM »
Thanks all yes it doesn't matter to be honest we adore him  :luv: