Author Topic: Lexi's first trip to the vet :(  (Read 359 times)

Offline Macette

• Lexi
Lexi's first trip to the vet :(
« on: January 26, 2013, 10:51:06 AM »
Lexi went to get one of her needles and micro chip done today she screamed blue murder with the micro chip
She also had to get drops for an ear infection....really hope this is not going to be an ongoing problem...:( back in two weeks for another needle. I was told that if the breeder had of given her the first needle at 8 weeks instead of 7 weeks she would of only needed one needle. But now has to have 2 :(

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
Re: Lexi's first trip to the vet :(
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 12:56:10 PM »
Poor Lexi  :'(
It sounds like your vet stocks a different brand of vaccine & this would be why Lexi has to have another vaccination  :-\ as i can't see what it has to do with being vaccinated at 7 wks (although personally i would wait until they are 9/10 wks for their 1st)  :shades:
Such a shame for her  :'(

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline Macette

• Lexi
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 02:50:31 PM »
Yes it was traumatic especially when she got the chip, I could of cried, then poking around cleaning her sore ears, poor little thing, hope she has a short memory. I know it's for her own good...she seems ok now. But I so hate it when they have to hurt them :(

Offline Dozy bird

• My beautiful babies
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 03:45:19 PM »
Oh poor baby  :'(
Roxy had several ear infections and didnt like her ears being poken about with either, my vets were very good and said to just bring her in and sit in the waiting room or get her weighed, just so he could begin to understand that bad things wont always happen when she goes.
Hope shes all better soon, im sure she love all the extra cuddles tho!!